1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WELL I FINELY GOT BURNT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Identify the seller so no one else gets burned. This also creates incentive for others selling to walk the straight and narrow when they see those who misrepresent items or pull other stunts get exposed.

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

I agree withthe other comments.

Identify the culprit.

I have had a few dealings on the site (one for a trap gun and one for a Spolar) and have been very happy. The guys I have dealt with are good people as most will be. But we need to be aware there are less honorable folks around.

don

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

DEFINANTLY Identify this person...we don't need or want his type around here...what ever happened to the courtesy of a three day inspection period...Go ahead and put his name up for the good of us all

4. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

It's your duty to out the person.

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Alf, Questions for you?

Did you say you wanted any kind of 3 day or 5 day inspection?

And did you ask to see pictures of it before you sent the money?

Just wondering.

Hauxfan!

6. Brian in Oregon

While he should have stipulated inspection and asked for a photo, that still does not negate misrepresentation by the seller. From his description, this isn't splitting hairs over 95% vs 99%, but "real nice" vs 60% with alterations to the sear.

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Alf, pictures would have prevented this problem. An agreed to inspection period would also have helped.

There is always room for disagreement on just what 90% means. I have looked at several pictures of items I was interested in buying that were represented as being x%. I disagreed with Seller's assessment and didn't but the item(s). That's OK.

Now, that being said, no matter how loosely you grade an item, calling a 60% trigger that was rusty, "inexpertly" remedied, and modified a 90% borders on fraud. Publishing the scoundrels sign-on is something you should do, even though he/she will just change it to a new one. If you really believe you have been snookered, publish his/her real name as well.

8. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Just to say a few words, the person in Florida is a personnal friend of mine and I have known him for about 10 years. Before we all convict, this deal has two sides to the story and both parties need to be represented. There has never been a three day review process as a general rule unless the party selling an item offers that option. Winchester quit making the Model 12 a long time ago and if it was a pre 64 trigger it is going to be very old.

Thank you for your time,

Dennis DeVault

9. Brian in Oregon

Since Dennis wants both sides of the story, perhaps ALF-99 might want to post a pic of the trigger group to show us how cleaned up rusted blueing and an altered sear can be graded as "very nice".

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

I looks to me like this is a dispute between two individuals and would be best resolved in private between them. The more people who become involved in the discussions, the more difficult it will become to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Pat Ireland

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

What a waste of a post. If you don't want to reveal the persons name who sold you a so called rusty trigger, and won't take it back, then don't start a post. You have read on this forum before that once you start something like this, we all want to know who it is and get to the bottom of it, so we don't get "BURNT" as you put it. Now you opened a can of worms and we want to know who it is so we don't do business with him/her and get "BURNT".
    Someone will email you and post their name anyway so it's best YOU do it and let the other party have their say as well.

JMHO...Jerbear

12. Bwanar

Bwanar TS Member

Although it is best delt with between them I agree. It sounds like the seller is not interested in wether the buyer is happy with his purchase or not. Personally I would be. If I had sold someone something they hadn't seen and they didn't like it. I would offer to take it back. If I hadn't gotten more for it than it was worth I shouldn't have difficulty selling it to someone else. It is still a good idea to make this person known, so others may know how he thinks and can choose to do business with him or not with that knowledge in the future. I live in FL and would probably know or know of this person. It could save someone else from getting "burned".

13. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I always post a picture of items for sale and give a 3 day inspection period. I have a Model 12 release posted now with a picture. The last time I spoke to Spears he wanted 300.00 to build a release on your trigger. I said that the price seemed hi and he said they are time consuming to build and they took more time than other jobs that he charges 300.00 for.

I just purchased a gun from "24 is better than 29" he is new to TS.com but we talked on the phone and he gave me a inspection period of 3 days. We had a good conversation about guns and Nascar

Buddy from Florida to clear the air it was not my trigger.

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I just hope you didn't give more than $150.00...even with fuzzy photos ..that trigger was far from "nice"....Sorry Dennis but just because the trigger was from 40 plus year old gun is irrelevent to me...I have guns nearly a century old that even well used are way better than nice but I would certainly make sure a buyer was happy with their purchase...as long as they returned it complete as recieved , unfired and took responsibility for the return shipping i would just out of courtesy give them their money back within the 3 days..just me though

15. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Alf-99, IT IS A BIG DEAL, from those pictures, that trigger looks like a turd. Surely nothing like you posted "I got a phone call trigger is real nice good blue and works good". I for one, want the name of the guy so I don't buy anything from him. Even with the fuzzy pics you can see the rust. You need to do the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of TS.COM the courtesy of revealing this guy's name, so we don't get screwed. This guy made his bed, now he has to lay in it.

JMHO...Jerbear

16. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I'm not going to comment on the details of this deal, with one exception... I'd just like to say that it's a sad day when "You bought it it's yours" is an acceptable way to conduct a transaction between gentlemen. That kind of "Pawn shop shyster" attitude has no place in our sport. My first exposure to clay target shooting was in the 70's. This ain't my first rodeo, and I'm not a naive' newbie. The older guys who brought me up in shooting, and taught me a lot along the way simply did not do things that way. I don't either, nor do I condone those who do.

17. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

That just stinks!

18. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

There might be two sides to this story, but bottom line is the buyer is not happy and should be given his money back less one way shipping. That way the loss is mutual. As far as the three day inspection, I have been on this site for years and have bought items from Fla to Calif with no problems and have sold several always with the confidence that I and my "customer" had a three day period to reject the transaction. I'm totally amazed that someone regularly on this site feels that the inspection period should be specified each and every time. Dennis, with your stellar reputation I'm sure the person in question is more likely a long term acquaintance than a friend. I know you don't do business that way, and I suspect you wouldn't respect anyone that does.

19. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

It's never too late for a seller to change a position.

One thing you might consider as a buyer is to just send it back if you're not going to use it. Give it some time. Give the seller some room to turn around. We're all people here and we all make mistakes.

20. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

How much money are we talking about here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.