1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Well I feel better . . . . .

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by dalog, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalog

dalog Member

WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. space officials say they expect a dead satellite to fall to Earth in about a week.

NASA has been watching the 6-ton satellite closely. On Friday officials moved up their prediction for its arrival to Sept. 23, give or take a day.

NASA scientists have calculated the satellite will break into 26 pieces as it gets closer to Earth. The odds of it hitting someone anywhere on the planet are 1 in 3,200. The heaviest piece to hit the ground will be about 350 pounds, but no one has ever been hit by falling space junk in the past.

NASA expects to give the public more detailed information early next week. For now, all continents except Antarctica could be hit by satellite debris.

2. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Seems like a good opportunity for the Navy to try out its experimental laser cannons.

Trapshooting on a global scale!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Well with my luck........................

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Maybe this is my birthday present from the heavens on the 23rd and I can sell it back to them . Too bad if 350 pounds of junk hits my property and wipes it out .

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

They seem to be right on top of it, the article said NASA would give more detailed info next week, the 23 is Friday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.