1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Well Gas Prices Finally Hit!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by DoubleAuto, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Gas prices in our area (Chattanooga, TN) finally went to less than $3.00 per gallon. While I am glad prices are going down, what happened to the dire predictions of $4.00 to $5.00 per gallon of gas this summer/fall? I sure hope prices at least stay below $3.00 per gallon at least through the summer.

2. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Still $3.68 here in mi.Can you send me some??
    Chris

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

I don't know why our gas prices stay well below the national average regular price per gallon ($3.47/gallon today). I sure hope it keeps dropping for everyone.

4. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Election year!!!

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Everyone is out of work because of Obama, so there is no traveling and as a result there is a glut of oil. Results cheaper gas. Its all Obamas fault.

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I read that the report that was just released said they were expecting a shortfall of gasoline supplies when there was a huge surplus.

Tim

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

$3.25 here in town in Rising Sun Md...news said should keep dropping til Thanxgiving..or until some middle eastern country starts some BS..or until after they get BHObamy re-elected..then that BS will hit the fan and $5.00/gal here we come!!!

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

$3.24 here in southwest Missouri. Been up and down by about a dime for some time now. Probably stay that way till someone farts in the mid east kitty liter box. John

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

During the last presidents term of the six months prior, In July of 2008, gas went from a record average of $4.21/gallon to $1.61 in December of 2008, before Obama took office at $1.81 in January, 2009. I don't think we will be as lucky this time around.

10. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

$3.69 for 87 & $3.89 for 91 premium is not bad for Los Angeles this week, considering we have 10% ethanol, CA clean air formula, and $0.57 tax in it.

11. Wato

Wato TS Member

Just paid $1.52au a litre so about $6.50 agallon here in West Oz. Wish we could it at your prices.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Wholesale unleaded was $2.47 yesterday. The last I read/heard (CNN), the U.S. was EXPORTING gasoline.

13. oz

oz Active Member

Yes the USA does export gasoline. we use more the price goes up,,,we use less the price goes up....we use THE SAME the price goes up.....re-election year for odumbo price goes down.. odumbo gets re-elected price skyrockets up.

14. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Here in south-central Pennsylvania, mid-$3.20s are the norm but last week, I paid $3.12 in Roanoke, Virginia. But you know, it's pretty bad when we have been conditioned to think that three bucks a gallon is good.

Ed

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

This has more to do with the value of the dollar than supply and demand. World-wide financial turmoil has actually increased the value of the US dollar. You see, we don't have to be good, only less bad!

16. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

We were advised that with the storm now in the Gulf that gas prices would be going up but presently at $3.20 here in South Georgia. I have actually seen gas prices cheaper in Florida than here in Georgia. Almost unheard of. Jackie B.

17. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

In the Pacific NW it finally dropped $482 to $433, wow what a relief!

Ajax

18. oz

oz Active Member

I wonder what they pay in china being as how we are exporting gasoline to china?

19. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

What's up with those damned speculators driving the price of oil down?

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just curious ..what are any of you folks in Alaska paying??...seems sort of unfair all that oil getting pumped south and barely any if any at all getting refined and kept in state..I'm sure Hawaii gets raped no matter what the markets do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.