1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

welcome to cuba

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

In my opinion, the moderation on this site has now come close to communism in the way it treats site participates. I have emailed David urging him to reign in this crap before it irritates to many site users and they leave. I expect this thread will be deleted just as soon as the heavy hand of the moderator brings it down. I think the moderator is out of control and setting his OWN personal standards for what should or should not be posted. When THAT happens folks, we are in deep trouble. I ask you to stand with me and lets try to keep this great site from being over-controlled.If I am banned because I am speaking my mind to try to save this site, then so be it....but remember what I'm saying here! Lets stand together to correct this problem! Thank you!

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Greetings from Cuba

In the immortal words of Tonto........."what you mean "WE", white man?"

HM

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Its their site--sorry,some of this stuff has to cease

Bill

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Greetings from Cuba

It doesn't irritate anybody but the jerks and who cares if they start their own site; I'll never know.

Neil

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Remember folks! When it gets to the point that you are afraid to say ANYTHING on this site, just remember I tried to warn you and ask your help to get it back on track. Of course, it could be to late by then??????????Think about it!

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Greetings from Cuba

Hipshot3..... I have to disagree with your post above as I am in total favor of what David and his moderators are trying to achieve. Sorry, but I am taking their side in this. I appreciate this site and will do everything I can to keep it up and running and to keep it trap shooting oriented. As a matter of fact, I wish the moderators would exercise their options a little more often. This is, after all, a private website, and as such, we are bound by the webmasters rules if we wish to be a part of it. If, for any reason, someone is offended and upset by his rules, they have the choice to not return. It's really that simple........Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Is it really so difficult to be polite??? Posting here has taught me alot of new verbage I now use in my daily life.. Instead of saying.. swings like a lead pipe.. I say.. fits a larger mans style of shooting.. Is to light..turns into.. very quick to the target..
    Stock is like a railroad tie.. turns into.. the factory leaves plenty of wood for modifications.. You know.. if you mastered the power of nice words.. even your dog will respond better.. So just use this as a training ground.. BE NICE.. Everyone around you will respond much better.. All Good.. Mike..

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Dan.....I appreciate what you say, but do you really want to sacrifice your right to express yourself just in order to be able to use a website? Thats what the people in Germany did before they lost everything, but by that time it was to late.We got us a little dictator moderator on this site. WE need to recognize this! There are principles involved here....not just the use of a website. And, by the way, this is not a private website.....its on the internet....that makes it PUBLIC!Yes, we can leave...you are right....and thats unfortunately a possibility if this moderation continues to be carried to extremes!

9. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Greetings from Cuba

Hipshot 3,I am puzzled.Has your thread been deleted yet?
    I think you got your shorts tight for nothing.

Bo

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Greetings from Cuba

You come into my house you have all the rights I wish to extend to you. If you don't like my rules go home. You don't like the rules here, click exit. Jake

11. smartass

smartass TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

ts.com is going the way of trap shooting in general and the dodo bird. RIP

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Hipshot you have a totally unrealistic view the internet. This is not a public place. You have continually proven that you are disruptive and have no intention of following even basic rules required to enjoy the privilege of bandwidth paid for by someone else. You should start and pay for your own site and then you and whatever other of your peers can write whatever they wish.

I doubt you will be a part of this community much longer and to that I would say good riddance.

13. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Greetings from Cuba

Hipshot 3:

Whether you get irritated and leave or get flushed by the moderator, the sooner you're gone the better. Feel free to take Lumpy with you.

sissy

14. smartass

smartass TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Sissy, that sure sounded like hate speech to me. Maybe you should get bounced.

15. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Greetings from Cuba

Hipshot, The sooner you get over being a angry young man the better off we all will be! I believe if you were sinking in quicksand the last thing we would see would be two middle fingers sticking out. I use to be just like you, I am a lot happier now. Still have a hard time believing I wasted all that time being angry. Regards, Bill

16. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Hip, do you understand that the person who keeps this web site up and running is getting TIRED of doing it. He has run out of energy, and is losing interest.

And your rants are not helping him to make up his mind to stay. You act as if you would rather the site go away (thereby screwing the rest of us) than to temper your posts.

NOBODY will ever run a forum like this one after it is gone. NEVER, EVER.

We will all wake up one day, and hit the link to TS and we will get a "404 error" or if we are lucky, David will tell us; "So long, its been fun, but now its over."

17. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Hippy be careful.You might be out in the woods cutting trees with someone else that was once here.....Nuc

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Greetings from Cuba

Mr. Moderator is doing his thing and doing it well; remember, we who post here are governored by what I see as not being slanderous or offensive or profane. In other words, one can say, "I beg to differ, although your opinion was tersely stated" but not you are "full of (expletive) and go (blank) off and your stupidity reminds me of (insert ethnic group, religous group, political group)"

We are here as a guest in somebody's living room, and well, it's unfair to cause policing. If you want to entirely "say your own thing", start your own website with your rules or start a newspaper with your rules. No conflict with free speech here.

With that said, I submit that P guns suck, K guns rule, and the Model 12 is the gold standard!

(Just kidding...)

19. nipper

nipper TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Oh and 1 more point --when the hell did the USA become cuba.

Bill

20. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Greetings from Cuba

Hipshot 3: You need to go to the Rants & Raves section of Craigslist and vent there. Craigslist, you can vent in any language you want, if can dish it out and better be ready to take it. If you like to use the F word for every other word, go for it, over there you won't get booted, so maybe that's your kind of place.

You won't be missed here...<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/?action=view&current=s6MUE0kXI9aqodEieNC8DBQCr0GG.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

JMHO...Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.