1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome home boys it's about time too!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dahaub, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Welcome home boys it

I'm almost shocked that you guys haven't welcomed home the soldiers from Iraq since the occupation of that country is officially over. For my part I welcome you soldiers home and hope you can all find a job or go back to school. Dan

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Isn't the timing fantastic? And only a few months before the elections.

3. bocephus

bocephus Member

I do not see a reason to celebrate. I think of all those American contractors and other workers that will remain there without our military presence to help keep them safe. When they are killed dehaub and his ilk will say it's justified and all Bush's fault.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

May God watch over all of our troops in their travels and future endeavors.

I am happy for all the young men and women that will get to spend the Holidays with their families. May God also watch over those that don't quite make it home in time.

Like it or not, our troops did as they were instructed and they deserve to be welcomed home with wide open arms and love from all.

Matt

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

WELCOME HOME TO ALL and THANK YOU!!

--- Chip King ---

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have one employee and one nephew home now. We're glad they've been safe. Both are great guys. Unfortunately the engineer from Iraq thinks we'll have to go back shortly (which ain't gonna happen). He said it's a whole different world over there, and the Iraqi's flip flop their loyalties overnight. Nor are they prepared to defend themselves.I guess we'll find out!

Good job guys. You make your country proud.

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Bocephus--you are correct Bush started that war for profit. Anyone still left in that country who isn't able to defend themselves must have been told the rules of engagement one time or another. If they can't handle it they shouldn't have taken those mercenary wages to begin with. Boceptic your attitude really sucks in my honest opinion. I'm so glad to hear that we are for the most part gone from that sand pile. Dan

8. Setterman

And how did Bush profit Dahaub. Please expand. If I remember right the Congress voted to go to Iraq. I believe there were only 2 or so "ney" votes. Aweful lot of Liberals must of wanted part of that "profit" too.

Noticed you've gone for a while. Is it because Barry's ratings are in the tank?

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Whatever happens from here on out, this administration will make it's decisions on whatever benefits the Muslim Brotherhood. Just like all of the dominoes that have fallen already this year.

Thank God the kids made it out of there. They did one heck of a job.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

My Nephew, Marine SF, was home for a few weeks, now It's back to the kill box in A-stan. He says he has some unfinished business. ( In the last seven years he's seen beau coup heavy combat}.

If Iran keeps screwing around they are going to "heads up" with a well seasoned military.

11. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Well, Boc, Bush took us there for no good reason. 4,000 dead, 35000 wounded.

Maybe you had to do Viet Nam to realize the waste.

Welcome home to heroes, and rest in peace to those who gave all.

12. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Dan,
    I'm glad they are coming home ( job well done ) but I would respectfully take exception to the word occupy I believe liberate would be my word to describe what our heroes did for those people. I am however not foolish enough to believe that the radicals won't be back to they're normal behavior 5 minutes after we leave. And I wonder how much more we will be at risk from not being able to gather in-tell on threats to us do to us not being there. Hard to figure. Just my $.02

13. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

When you serve your country in the military, you are betting your life.

Welcome home and thank you. We are proud of you.

Wish it could have been 9 years sooner.

14. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I wondered where dobbie bobbie had been hiding with his towel and flying carpet!? I am sure his idol bammy will create meaningful jobs for these fellows! Good to hear from you raggie! Tom Rhoads

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Setterman, Bush profited by being elected a second term when he had already screwed up the economy with his policies. His supporters profited by being given a no-bid contract for the privatized operations of the military. Remember when there was a job called KP? Remember when the tents for the men were built by the men? The ones who made a really good showing during that war was the oil companies who had lost control of the oil fields when Saddam nationalized them. They got control back and their profits were back in pocket. How many times did we establish an objective and reach that objective during that war? Why didn't we call the war a success and bring the men home five years ago? Haliburton was still cashing those big checks from uncle Sam and we were all paying the price. Lets just welcome the soldiers home and you can still believe I'm a liberal and I'll always think you shouldn't be let out of the house without adult supervision. At least we will agree to disagree. Dan

16. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

So the liberals have once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, where've we seen that before? Remember TET, 1968........

17. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Whenever I see anyone in uniform, I tell them soemthing I didn't get in 1968, I say "Welcome Home" and try to shake their hand.

blade819

18. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Old Cowboy I don't get that we were defeated. Where did that come from? I remember tet in 68 and we were loosing 350 Marines a week. What about it? I don't see the correlation. Oh if you can look back and find a reason we fought the Viet Nam war and it's not the old " We are stopping Communism" explanation I'd like to hear it.

This war in Iraq where we only lost 4400 plus and 38000 injured is a blessing on the dead figures. What everyone hasn't gotten a handle on is the number of those who will have post combat stress disorder. Sometimes it takes 20 years for those symptoms to show up. God bless our boys and welcome home. Good health on you all and help us to keep our country the power it is.

I did not come back to this forum to argue about politics. You aren't going to change my opinions and I know those of you who blame our president for the economics situation of today aren't going to change your minds.:) I think it's a gas to read the rants you guys come up with.:) Dan

19. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

It's a good thing. Got e-mail from my son. He's gettin on the plane in 5 days. I'll be really glad to have him back (3rd trip). Maybe we are thru in the middle east, but i don't see it. I figure it's just a matter of time before Iran causes more conflict. My son is an engineer. They have spent the last 6 months digging holes for the Iraqui tanks to hide in all along the north east border of Iraq, only problem is the iraqui tanks are a POS. no where as reliable as ours. He figures that the iraq soldiers will not be able to hold on very long if they are faced with any type of long term attack

Bob

20. Setterman

"I did not come back to this forum to argue about politics". Then why do you pick fights and make insulting comments about anything conservative.

If you don't like to finish a fight you started, then don't start it.

And then your last sentance: "I think it's a gas to read the rants you guys come up with".

Grow up Dan. If you are are a trapshooter, try to be a positive to this site instead of starting poltical arguements with SA remarks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.