1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Luck 16 ga Paper hulls NIB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by omgb, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I have some weird luck. Today while coming back from El Mirage Dry Lake, I stopped into a small store just west of BF Egypt and low and behold, there was an old woman holding a junk sale out back of the store. She called over to me and asked if I might be a hunter. Since my truck is plastered with hunting stickers, NRA stickers Hunter Ed stickers etc. she wasn't exactly pushing her clairvoyant powers. Anyway, I said yes and she asked me if I'd like to buy some shotgun shells. I figured maybe some old AA hulls or a few boxes of old duck loads... but nope, what she offered me was a box of new Federal primed paper 16s. I asked how much and she says $5.00. So, I'm thinking 100 hulls, $5.00, not bad. So I say OK and she hands me a case of 15 boxes of 100 for the fiver. I'm just about busting from trying to hold back the grin. I get them home and they are all there, pretty and purple. 1,500 NIB hulls. I wonder what they are worth if I were to Ebay some of them. Got any ideas?

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

good luck might sell here but not on ebay shipping is a problem hax mat on the primers rick

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

good luck might sell here but not on ebay shipping is a problem hax mat on the primers rick

4. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Last I heard E-Bay won't let you sell hulls.Primed or not.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Just buy a 16 guage. Hits like a 12, kicks like a 20(old adage).

HM

6. scott k

scott k TS Member

I WILL TRIPPLE YOUR MONEY AND PAY SHIPPING

SCOTT

7. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

That's mighty generous Scott K, $15 bones plus shipping. :) I'll pass on that offer thank you. I've actually got a few guys willing to pay $30/100. Once those guys get their share I'll be looking to unload the rest at more reasonable prices.

8. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I had a similar experience a few years ago when I used to work part-time at Gander Mountain for the employee discount. One evening while organizing the back stock shelves, I came across a full case of 5000 Activ shotshell primers that had dust and cobwebs all over it. It must have been there a while, so I asked the gun dept. mgr. about it. He said it was long discontinued from the Gander list of current SKU's. He said, "You reload shotgun don't you? Make me an offer." I offered him $10 hoping to get the case for $50, and he let me have THE WHOLE CASE for $10! ......Rick

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

omgb- Interested in purchasing a few boxes. Please Email me. (drop the xxx) Have a picture you can Email also? Thanks. Rich

10. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

why all the bragging about your luck? we have all had some good luck from time to time.

11. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

since we got a thread on 16ga i have a shell heater for 16ga if anyone is interested take $25 + shipping rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.