1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

Recognizing that everyone has a different physical build, shooting style, preferences, etc. does anyone find that adding weight to the gun in the form of clamp-on barrel weights, under the forearm weights, recoil reducers in the stock, etc. helps any ? I'm thinking of reduced muzzle jump, reduced felt recoil due to heavier gun weight, and/or smoother swing by using one of the various mercury filled recoil reducers. Does anyone find these helpful ? Thanks

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Adding weight to your gun will certainly help with recoil. The best spot is in the stock bolt hole. If you hang weight out on your barrel it can/will affect your swing and balance of the gun. I guess it would help with recoil as well but you have to watch not to change the balance or swing rate so much it afffects your shooting negatively.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I once saw a gun where the owner mounted two piece weights bolted together along the rib, just above the chamber. Put the additional weight in the center.

Might not be as effective with low rib gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.