1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weights of Perazzi barrels???????????????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by claybrdr, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Mine have been pretty accurate on digital scales UNLESS they were originally fixed chokes and changed to thinwalls, OR forcing cones done. That can take out more weight than you would expect.

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Mine are pretty close to whats stamped on the barrel. MX-2000 weight with wood panels 1.672 KG. barrel says 1.630 KG. TM-1 weighs 1.435 with factory choke tube. Barrel is marked 1.430, MX-8 weights 1.684 with factory tube bottom and extra full top. Barrel is marked 1.670

George

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The weight stamped can't be the weight w/ out rib (@ least in your case), there is only a 3.9oz difference b/w the stamped weight and actual weight, and i can say w/ almost certainty the rib on the mx2005 weighs more than 3.9oz (I have a 1/4" tall alum add-on thats 27" long on my kolar bbls that weighs 3.9oz) plus you have the barrel supports to consider which probably weigh an ounce or 2 by themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.