1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly Update of Shooter Information

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FloridaTrapper, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

If memory serves me correctly, some time ago we were promised a weekly update of shooter info. The last score on my record is 8/19/07. Since then I have shot over 2,000 targets. Before someone says "Just post your scores on a filler card", I have done that. However, many of us enjoy checking friends and acquaintances records, as well as our own.

2. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

Joe....600 of those targets were in the 2007 target year.

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

jim_kneecricket;
    That's interesting, I personally didn't think he was bitching. You got your shorts in a bind this AM? Richard

4. FloridaTrapper

FloridaTrapper TS Member

Jim....You are correct in that some clubs do send in late reports. However, all those targets were shot at the Silver Dollar Trap club, and they are always very prompt in reporting scores.

5. mcv

mcv Member

Section III D
    Following the conclusion of a registered shoot and/or tournament Shoot Managememnt is responsible or will delegate the responsibility for:
    1. Completing and sending to the ATA office the following items:
    a. The ATA report form . . ., and accurate scores of all shooters for all events.
    b. The earned yardage reports.
    c. . . .
    d. . . .
    e. . . . This must be done within 8 calendar days folowing the last day of the registered shoot or league to avoid a $25.00 late shoot report fine for the first offense and a $100.00 late shoot report fine for second offense in a target year, which, if not paid, will be deducted from that state rebate. A third offense will dictate cancellation of registered shoot privileges until delinquent shoot report and or money are properly received by ATA. . . .

It's pretty clear. If your club does not send in the shoot report, they are sent a letter with a $25 fine. If they don't get the letter and fine . . . somebody is getting special treatment from the ATA. Talk to the clubs where you shot the missing scores. I'd bet the ATA office is the cause of the delayed posting of scores!

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

How many threads are you going to complain on about the same subject.

Don

7. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

All that is needed is a password protected login site where a club could post the scores as easy as filling in a spreadsheet. These would appear immediately in the realtime database. This is not a big job to create and could be done for less than $10,000. But then what would the ATA do with the employees that hand post the scores?

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Not all clubs are capable of doing that.

Why do shooters need this??

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.