1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wednesday was the opening day at Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Sparta Trapshooting

SPARTA--Wednesday was the opening day of the Amateur Trap Shooting Association's Grand American, the superbowl of trap shooting. This is the 3rd year the event has been held at the world shooting complex in Sparta. The event draws thousands of shooters and spectators from across the country. Brothers Will and Andy Vahle, along with their parents, made the trip to Sparta from Birmingham, Alabama.

"It was definately worth the drive. Its been an amazing shoot out here this year," says Will.

"Its worth it. Its just so fun just being here, seeing all the shops, just watching my brother shoot, its just a great time," says Andy.

Will says they've taken time to explore the three and a half miles of trap shooting ranges. But the family's favorite spot is the gun shops. Will says what really drove the family here was the ability to shoot in a state of the art facility.

"Assuming whether or not they've shot before, I definately would take them out to teach them how to shoot or show them a couple things. Taking my little brother out here right now. We were just on our way to go to teach him how to shoot a little," says Will.

"So if you weren't able to make it out Wenesday for all the shopping, shooting and great food, you still have time. The event lasts until Saturday, August 16th.

* The posted article has a video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.