1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding gifts for a trapshooter

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jul 6, 2013.

1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    On October 6th, My wife and I will be married for 40 years. I was looking over our wedding pictures the other day, and I was thinking how lucky I was to marry this woman.

Most people who get married register at department stores, and get toasters, blenders, or other appliances as wedding gifts.

In our situation, I registered at Wau Wis Trading post who just happened to be the best shooting sports, privately owned gun store in the Milwaukee, Waukesha area.

All my friends that I knew in trapshooting were invited to our wedding. Sure, my wife was registered at the local department store, but having the ability to register at a gun supply store was fantastic for a trapshooter like myself.

Having friends from the sport help celebrate our wedding day was absolutely fantastic. Talking trapshooting all night was great. Seeing friends of mine walking in with Kegs of Red dot, Green Dot, 700x was a dream come true.

Receiving full cases of Federal papers shells was something only a trapshooter could appreciate. The owner of the gun store who just happened to be a real good friend of mine gave me a beautiful left handed Anton stock with matching forend.

Not only did I get the girl of my dreams, but it was like the best Christmas morning a guy could ever imagine. Instead of cash, I was also given gift certificates, a Mec reloader, and the list goes on and on.

My wife and I went to San Francisco the very next morning flying out on United Airlines. When we went to Milwaukee's General Mitchel field the airline's informed us that they did not have two seats available that were together and we would have to be seated separately inside the plane.

I mentioned we were on our honeymoon and asked if something could be done? They were kind enough to let us sit together in first class as a wedding gift to us. During the flight, the stewardess brought out a wedding cake that the travel agency provided for us.

We were also given champagne to drink and we served salmon to eat. It was a special time to say the least.

Coming home and opening up our apartment door and seeing all those wedding gifts was a site I will never forget. We had around 500 people at our wedding which in today's economy would be a very big wedding.

I remember that my father in law paid $2.25 per plate at the time. He originally was told it would be $2.00 per plate and due to the cost increasing it went to $2.25 and he was not happy.

So my friends, I will be married 40 years on October 6th this year, and I don't regret a single day. Now, I don't want to ask the Mrs. that same question, as I am probably not the easiest person to live with?

Any one know how much per plate weddings of today are going for?
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

2. digdug13

digdug13 Member

Around 30 dollars a plate at the cotton exchange in Waterford WI. We paid 5.00 in 1986. twenty seven years and counting. Still love her as much as the day we were married. KIDS MARRY A FARN GIRL. tHEY LIKE GUNS THERE DAD AND BROTHERS HAD THEM HER WHOLE LIFE. THEY UNDERSTAND THE NEED TO SHOOT THINGS. Doug Barton

3. senior smoke

Doug:
    Your a lucky man, congratulations in all the years you've been married, as in this day and age that's a feat in itself. Nice to hear from a fellow Wisconsinite.
    Steve

4. twotimer

twotimer Member

Steve, we talked before, Doug, I grew up in Union Grove on a dairy farm. used to go with a farm girl from Waterford. Should've married her! Live in rainy Florida now. Mike

5. THE REBEL

THE REBEL TS Member

I have been marry 68 years THE REBEL to the same one

6. senior smoke

Mike:
    I do remember talking to you. How ya been?
    Steve

Rebel:
    I salute you. 68 years to the same woman, that's great. It's only 40 for me and my wife.
    Steve

7. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I have always thought that the perfect wedding gift for any young couple is a 145 piece bedroom set. An army cot and a gross of condoms.

Bud

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I always thought the perfect gift would be a gallon jar filled with dry black eyed peas to set on the night stand by the bed.

Every time you have sex for the first year you take a pea out.

Starting the day after the first year anniversary, you start putting a pea back in the jar everytime you have sex.

You will never fill the jar back up.

WOW - Mr. Rebel, 68 years and counting.

Search tags for this page

trapshooter gifts

trapshooting gifts

wedding trap shoot