1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weaver, Bob

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

If your local to the Chicago area, and spent any time at Maywood Sportsmans club you my have talked with or meet Bob Weaver. I received an email from the club last evening that Bad Bob Weaver has passed away. Bob was a past president and long time member of the club. He will be missed by many of us at the club. Check the Maywood Sportsman's Club website for details on the arrangmenst , Bob was 82 years young.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I'm glad I had a chance to see and talk to him last year. He remembered me, though I hadn't seen him for twenty years. Not many of us left from the old guard.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I met Bob Weaver way back (1974-1975) when I first started shooting trap at the Maywood Sportmans Club and I have always felt that he was one of the "Good Guys" and still do to this day ... The man had a heart of Gold and was always glad to see old friends even if he had not seen them in a number of years ... Bob will be missed by all of those that knew him ... Condolances to the family and friends ... Rest in Peace Buddy ... WPT ... (YAC) ... Bill Tiedje, Sun City, Arizona ...

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bill, It's been sometime since I've seen your name didn't your wife shoot too? I wnat to say her name is Shirley?? It's been along time hope your well and enjoying AZ planning to be in Tuscon in a few years.

5. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

I had the pleasure to shoot with Bad Bob for over 30 years. My screen name was penned by Bad Bob when I got lost looking for a restaurant at the Illinois State Shoot 25 years ago. For the last 10 or so years he would come to Maywood for his daily coffee fix. I had an interesting afternoon today talking about Bob with his son John. Bob told all of us that he was 82,but in reality he changed his Birth Certificate to make him older so that he could enlist in the Navy during WWII. He actually turned 80 on April 19th. <br>
    <br>
    This from todays Chicago Sun Times<br>
    Robert E. Weaver<br>
    Weaver, Robert E. age 80, loving husband of Elizabeth, beloved father of John. Robert was a fond brother to ten siblings and a super friend to Tom Guerra and Larry Albeck. Robert was a U.S. Navy Veteran and proud member and past President of the Maywood Sportsmen's Club.<br>

<br>Visitation Thursday, May 1st, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.,<br>
    <br>
    at Sax-Tiedemann Funeral Home, 9568 W. Belmont Ave., Franklin Park, IL. Interment private.

6. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

This is the way we were used to seeing Bob shoot the last few years or so. <br>
    Bruce --Shirley was married to WPT's late father, Bill Sr.<br>
    <br>

7. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

Bob w/ Tom Knapp 2007

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bruce,

I am the oldest son of the Bill that you are thinking of ... Bill Sr. passed away two years ago in Feb, he always told people we were brothers because he thought it made him look younger than he really was ... The funny thing is everyone thought they (Dad and Shirley) were married when in fact they got married just before he passed away even though she used our name for many years prior to that when it was convenient for her ... Thats a long story and isn't over yet ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.