1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

weatherby SA 08

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bultobill, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bultobill

bultobill TS Member

I have just purchased a weatherby SA 08 turkish made gun,so far I have nothing bad to say about it. I have it for duck season and it actually shoots trap pretty good (from a guy who shoots brownings). The thing looks like a 303 beretta. I think it's a copy of the 303 actually. Anyone have any input? Please keep your comments of, you get what you paid for,cheep junk,I wouldn't buy a turkish gun,I am looking for responses (with viable experience positive or negative)that will help anyone in the future who wants to buy one..Thanks

2. Slugo

Slugo Member

They're damn fine guns. Bought six for our club as loaners. No problems what so ever...

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Whatever Weahterby puts their name on is usually a high quality product!! I have one of their over and under shotguns (Orion Classic Grade II) OEM'd by SKB and it has been a flawless performer on the range and in the field...

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I bought one about a year ago after watching their video.
    Out of the box it would not eject trap loads even with the
    light piston. I sent it to the warranty center (Almans).
    When I got it back it was better but still not reliable.
    Traded it on a 391.

5. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

What kind of ammo was it? Sometimes an off brand can cause fits for some Auto's....Fortunately I shoot a Browning GOLD that cycles everything...

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Never seen one but would like to....I won a Weatherby SAS(the previous model)off of a fund raiser raffle for the NRA and I really like shooting sporting with it as well as huntining bunnies and birdies

7. bultobill

bultobill TS Member

Well everyone I took it out and shot 6 boxes of shells through it, from 2 3/4 AA loads to my own AA reloads. I had several people shoot it and they all said the same thing. They loved it stock to barrel position is good, easy to site, ejected properly, But the camo is wearing off wherer the foregrip touches the barrel(so what?)The peformance for under $600 is way above what I expected. I will post pics of it soon...Later all

8. bultobill

bultobill TS Member

Well evryone after shooting the SA 08 for 3 months I can say the gun performs well with no autoloader issues. I added a bright green fiberoptic sight to the front. The gun has had about 500 shells through it, my own reloads and store bought AA's. Shooting trap with it I average about 20 with it. My only complaint is cleaning the powder residue out of the piston mechanisim. Yuk! Now I know why there is a drop out trigger assembly the gun blows residue everywhere. Typical of my 1100 also. Anyone have anything to add please feel free..Bill

9. bultobill

bultobill TS Member

This is the review after a year of use. I can say that after a year of shooting trap and skeet and goose hunting this gun has performed flawless and I am impressed with it. The wear of the cammo coating has not worn any more or rubbed off any more than a little under the for end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does the weatherby sa 08 have warranty
sight on weatherby sa08
weatherby pa-8 for trap

weatherby sa-08 for trap

weatherby sa-08 front sight

weatherby sa-08 problems

weatherby sa-08 reviews

weatherby warranty