1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weatherby SA-08 Youth 20 ga

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Problems, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

Considering the purchase of a Weatherby SA-08 Youth 20 ga.
    Have no experience with Weatherby and will be ordering it on line.

Has anyone experience and advise regarding this weapon.

On a scale of 1 - 10 how good would this weapon be to teach two youthful first time shooters about shotguns.......

2. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

Anyone out there shoot a Weatherby either for targets or for game.
    How do they work ????

3. moowho

moowho Member

Hi,I shoot an older O/U Regency model made in Italy for doubles And I shoot a MK-V in 7mm mag for big game. never had a problem.Bryon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. derrwood24

derrwood24 TS Member

I'm not familiar with the Weatherby, but I do have a Benelli Montefeltro 20ga with a youth stock that my son has outgrown and I'd be looking to sell for a very good price, I bought it used at Cabela's for around $900 2yrs ago and probably has less than 200 rounds shot through it and I'd like to get $600 for it.

Let me know if your interested and I will email some pics.

Darian

5. fishkiller

fishkiller Member

I bought a 12 guage sas sporting clays model for my son. He shot it for 4 seasons of high school trap and we never had a single problem with it. I think that they are made by an Italian firm by the name of Valtro Industeries, They make weapons for military and police mainly. My sons looks to be a similar design to a Beretta 303 and like I stated above it functions flawlessly. Kind of amazing considering that he didn't always clean it right away.

6. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

Our club has 4 of these in 20 and 12. The bolt handles have flown off and gotton lost on all by now, and a couple pins and a link has broken.
    I'd rate them about a 5. Spend a little more for a 390 or a 391.

7. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Weatherby is just an importer, so you cannot compare all Weatherbys equally. This gun is made in Turkey, so take that for what it's worth. You usually get what you pay for. If it sounds too good to be true.... and on and on. Don't expect the quality of a Beretta 391 or even a Remington 1100. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

weatherby sa-08 youth