1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weatherby Orion S/N

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cz113, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cz113

cz113 TS Member

Hello all! A new guy here, new to forum and trapshooting. I was looking for a shotgun that was inexpensive to purchase so I could give trapshooting a try. A freind took me to a outing that they were shooting at and i had a great time shooting. With that said I located a Weatherby Orion nearby that is in very good condition for $500. I was wondering how you can tell the year of the gun thru the serial Number. It starts with an EN and was made in Japan on the barrel. Thank you for any help.
    Chaz

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why does it matter?

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its a good deal regardless of number if it is in the condition you think it is

number mean little if anything with regards to value in most guns- this model included

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. cz113

cz113 TS Member

I was just curious as to year it was made. I am glad to here it is a good deal, it is in very nice condition.
    Chaz

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

For your info I bought an Orion five years ago that was about 95% and paid 750 and considered it a deal. Go for it for that price. Dan

6. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

CZ cHECK OUT THIS WEBSITE - http://www.weatherby.com/

Any way you look at it you got yourself a good gun

7. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I bought one of these about 3 years ago. If it's the same as mine, it's the older Orion with the Ivory colored diamond inlaid in the rosewood grip cap I gave $850 for it and wouldn"t take that for it now. "I shoot doubles (poorly most of the time) with it. It's a good gun that I've had no problems with. J.W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
weatherby orion 12 gauge serial number
weatherby orion i
weatherby orion serial nber
weatherby orion serial number lookup

weatherby orion serial numbers

weatherby orion shotgun serial number year

weatherby orion shotgun serial numbers

weatherby shotgun serial numbers