1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weatherby Mark XXII takedown? Anybody know how?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by new loader, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. new loader

new loader Member

Does anybody know how to take down the semi-auto version? Instructions say remove takedown pin (did that already). With 1 hand, press forward on receiver, at the same time carefully lift barrel with the other hand. I can get the barrel/receiver to move forward only about 1/32", just a wiggle really. The barrel shows no sign of lifting up & away from the stock. It all sounds simple enough, but not working the way it should. Who can advise me?

2. new loader

new loader Member

This must be the only time TSers have been stumped.

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

From TheHIGHROAD.org:

"This is from the cobwebs of my memory but it goes something like this. Remove the action from the stock. Push out the cross pin. Push the trigger group about 1/4 of an inch to the rear and then down to remove it. It may need a little tap with a mallet. The bolt handle is held into the bolt with a ball detent. Pull out on the bolt handle and it will come out of the bolt. Pull the bolt a little to the rear and lift the front of the bolt out of the receiver while controling the recoil spring.
    That's it. It really is simpler than it sounds. Good luck."

4. new loader

new loader Member

Problem solved, although message from HighRoad explains what to do after the action is removed.

5. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Digging through the cobwebs of my memory, I can recall removing the cross pin first (my Mark XXII had a tubular magazine, if that matters), then it seems like I pulled the barrel forward slightly. This disengaged the barrel assembly from the trigger group, and I gently lifted the barrel group out of the stock...I can't recall if the back or front of the barrel was lifted out first...sorry.

I also recall pulling the bolt knob out to remove the breechblock.

bluedsteel

6. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I just found Mark XXII takedown instructions in the Gun Digest Book of Firearms Disassembly/Assembly and what I posted above is correct.

bluedsteel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
disasemble weatherby xx11
disassemble weatherby xx22
disassembling a weatherby markxx11

disassembly weatherby mkxxll

how to remove the action from a weatherby mark 11

weatherby mark xxii semi auto disassembly

weatherby mark xxii takedown

weatherby xxii semi auto cleaning youtube