1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weatherby Athena combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by letzc1, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letzc1

letzc1 TS Member

Can anyone share their experience with a Weatherby Athena Combo? Are there any issues unique to the Weatherby to watch out for? - Mike

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I had an Athena IV Trap 32" O/U with mechanical triggers, and I owned a Athena IV 34" single barrel trap. Both were very nice guns in appearance and how they were built. Unfortunately,they were both quite possibly the flattest shooting guns that I ever owned. I kept the 32" O/U for a long time and shot skeet and sporting clays with it. The 32" barrels really swung smooth at those games and the flat shooting didn't hurt my scores. However, at trap you either had to cover the target or be over it and that was a definite deal breaker. Some people complained about the buggy whip leaf springs on the hammers, but I never had any problems with them.

If you are use to shooting any gun that has a 60/40 poi or higher, I wouldn't even consider an Athena trap.

John Ertel

fllipper_re thanked this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can the poi be adjusted on weatherby athena

weatherby athena grade iv trap combo

weatherby athena trap 32

weatherby athena trap combo