1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WEATHERBY ANY GOOD

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Two Dogs, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

The Weatherby is made by SKB....great gun for the money.
    Years ago there was a problem with the hammer springs breaking,i think thats all straightened out now...........

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

The new Weatherbys are being made by Fausti.

Steve

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I accuired one last year for a backup gun. I shoot it often and like the gun really well. Its a Athena trap 32". Bill

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

Bigunn, It was made by Zoli.

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I have a Regency that has been relegated to guarding the gun safe because no one has been able to put a fore stock on it that doesn't crack...and no one can repair the cracked fore stocks so they don't crack again.

Morgan

6. krieghoff-kid

krieghoff-kid TS Member

if it is an Athena Trap, they are not produced anymore and are great guns. i have two of them, barrels (for sure) and ( i believe) the receivers were made by SKB, will absolutely destroy targers well beyond the 27. cant speak towards the newer field athenas (never handled one), but all in all i have no problems with weatherby firearms.

7. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I owned an Athena IV (SKB) field gun for about 10 years...beautiful gun that performed well. I highly recommend them.

bluedsteel

8. krieghoff-kid

krieghoff-kid TS Member

i dont know who the capt. is talking with but one of my athena's developed a small crack in the stock where the upper tang meets the wood, called weatherby asking about the best route to get it fixed they said send it in. i had upgraded wood on it, still they said send it in and they would match the grade along with a matching forearm. i did so and got a new stock with nicer grade wood with a matching forearm. very impressed with the job.

9. Landyn16

Landyn16 TS Member

got me a new 300 weatherby rifle (best rifle i have ever shot)

10. new loader

new loader Member

<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/newloader/?action=view¤t=Athena_2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f26/newloader/?action=view¤t=Athena_1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Glorified SKB, but great gun anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are weatherby shotguns any good