1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weather may set record in Idaho

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This is going to be a bad winter here in the Treasure Valley. I have been here almost 9 years and we have not had bad winters until this one. 5 - 10 inches of snow today ( and at this moment it is coming down at a fast and heavy rate. Big wet flakes sticking fast. Low tonight 1 degree with a wind chill of possibly 30 below if it blows like they predict. Time to head back to AZ

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Lou, it's been in the 60's last three days in Indiana. But the wind has shifted and now coming out of the NW. Things are going to deteriorate soon........

Wayne

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

High of 78 today with clear skys and lite breeze in Ft. Lauderdale. What's not to like?

Eric

4. cubancigar2000

My mother had a condo in Naples and I spent many a winter there. to much humidity. Now that I have lived in the northwest with very low humidity I could not handle that again

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Eric, You have to get something for all that money you spend on shooting. LOL

Rick in Balmy Mt. -10 and a breeze to keep the bugs off the barrel

Lou, yeah it's a dry cold out here....had to chuckle the other day. 0 and 84 % humidity

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Remind me never to move out West. PA is bad enough!!

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The assumption of people living in hot environments, like Arizona or Florida, is that everyone else would prefer to live in the heat if they could. No way, give me all 4 seasons. If it is hot enough that I will break a sweat being outside it is too hot for me. I can't stand being around stinky, sweaty people. I don't miss the bugs and snakes in the winter either. I love this time of year, it will be in the 20's on my duck and pheasant hunts this week in the morning, that makes for perfect afternoons.

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Right now in Pocatello Idaho it's about 32 with 35 mph winds. The low tonight is predicted to be 4 below, with a predicted high of 6 tomorrow. The authorities are advising no travel unless absolutely necessary.

If the winds let up later today I may try to see if the ducks have come off the reservoir and are in the sheltered creeks. I have not shot any yet this season - they've just not been around yet.

9. cubancigar2000

You are funny Mr Bulley. Hey, by the way. I just figured a way to speed up the "Unloading" process with your gadget... I just finished cutting open all my shells that I reloaded and will never shoot again. Big ones and I am too old for those anymore. I think I did around 700

10. ric3677

Larry,

I knew if I turned all my fans on and pointed them south it would work. Now, when does it warm up here?

Rick in balmy Mt.

12:46 the heat of the day.... -5 LOL
    don't forget the wind..er, breeze

11. cubancigar2000

My mother had a condo in Naples and I spent many a winter there. to much humidity. Now that I have lived in the northwest with very low humidity I could not handle that again

12. ric3677

Eric, You have to get something for all that money you spend on shooting. LOL

Rick in Balmy Mt. -10 and a breeze to keep the bugs off the barrel

Lou, yeah it's a dry cold out here....had to chuckle the other day. 0 and 84 % humidity

13. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Remind me never to move out West. PA is bad enough!!

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The assumption of people living in hot environments, like Arizona or Florida, is that everyone else would prefer to live in the heat if they could. No way, give me all 4 seasons. If it is hot enough that I will break a sweat being outside it is too hot for me. I can't stand being around stinky, sweaty people. I don't miss the bugs and snakes in the winter either. I love this time of year, it will be in the 20's on my duck and pheasant hunts this week in the morning, that makes for perfect afternoons.

15. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Right now in Pocatello Idaho it's about 32 with 35 mph winds. The low tonight is predicted to be 4 below, with a predicted high of 6 tomorrow. The authorities are advising no travel unless absolutely necessary.

If the winds let up later today I may try to see if the ducks have come off the reservoir and are in the sheltered creeks. I have not shot any yet this season - they've just not been around yet.

16. cubancigar2000

You are funny Mr Bulley. Hey, by the way. I just figured a way to speed up the "Unloading" process with your gadget... I just finished cutting open all my shells that I reloaded and will never shoot again. Big ones and I am too old for those anymore. I think I did around 700

17. ric3677

Larry,

I knew if I turned all my fans on and pointed them south it would work. Now, when does it warm up here?

Rick in balmy Mt.

12:46 the heat of the day.... -5 LOL
    don't forget the wind..er, breeze

18. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I'd like some snow.

Yesterday... Downpours, 60 degrees and humid. at 3:30 a front comes through and throws multiple tornados, one less than ten miles from my house and one 25 miles south. Luckily no one was injured.

Woke up this am to 20 degrees with single digit wind chills. My car doors were froze solid.

Maybe the cold will move some deer past my stand.

SW

19. cubancigar2000

6 degrees here this morn. Not as bad as expected

20. Ljutic 4 Ice

Ljutic 4 Ice TS Member

As I type this it's -9 and has been most of the night. 10" of snow on the flat, and drifts over 3'. Lakeview Oergon, and the pipeliners working here are dying and froze.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.