1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapons in schools...for discussion..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Sep 8, 2013.

1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-weapons-in-schools-20130906,0,4165701.story?page=2&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20Courant%2FConnecticutNews%20%28courant.com%20-%20CONNECTICUT%20NEWS%29&utm_source=feedburner&track=rss

Have a few comments about this article:

1. How did school officals know the 'skeet gun' was in the trunk of the student's car.

2. Arms, legs, teeth, fists, any faculty or kid that studied martial arts not weapons?

3. Another good reason to private school/homeschool.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Don't forget, a number 2 pencil can be a "weapon" no matter what 548 thinks.

Just had this discussion with my doctor this morning, "schools no longer teach but indoctrinate."

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

As a High School teacher(teaching industrial arts classes) Construuction tech, Automotive, Electricity and electronics, if a student wants to use a weapon in my classes there are weapons in every lab I teach in. i think that trained security officers and teachers should carry a concealed weapon. Any student at any time can be involved in a confontation in class and use a toool as a weapon as deadly as a knife or a gun.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The parents are to blame. They should have drilled it into the kid's head to never, ever risk taking a gun onto school property, even if it is locked up in the trunk of the car. It's a no win situation.