1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Weapon buy back (stupid is as stupid does)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ark1stclass, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ark1stclass

ark1stclass TS Member

Here they go again......and to think this kind of mentality is "commanding" our troops and running "ruining" our country....

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/19/police-to-hold-gun-turn-in-event-this-weekend/
  2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

This makes it easier to get to the site.
  3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Can you believe it? Only 8 dead and 45 wounded in one weekend. Why would anyone want to live there? But I hope they stay there as I don't want them in my neighborhood.
  4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I am sure rham (dead fish) emmanuel will have the people felling MUCH safer now......
  5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

I thought people were through with that BS. Sorry to see its still around.
  6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

And they wonder why their crime rate is so high!!

I can't believe ALL the churches involved with it. BUT I can, Liberalism is a mental disease that effects ONLY the un-learneded

I guess they have forgotten that Peter carried a Sword all the time!!

For those involved in Chicago, A "Sword" back then was a "Open Carry" defense weapon!!

I was going to put the word "educated" after "those" but that would be a slap in the face of Real Education!
  7. spitter

spitter Active Member

You guys have it ALL wrong, these buy-back programs do us a favor...

For those who have broken, inoperable (sic?) or otherwise garbage firearms this a pay-me-to-have-you-throw-my-unusable-gun-away program... $100 is good gas money these days and saves us the gunbroker, auction arms and/or NICS and transfer fees...

Whip into the city, get a little scoot for a piece of $hit gun taking up space in my gun cabinet and whip back out to the suburbs...

Jay
  8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

Chicago in midst of an unreported race war:

What in the world is going on in Chicago with all the violence recently? And what is up with the city's major newspaper, the Chicago Tribune, which says all the mayhem is irrelevant?
    Read the latest now on WND.com. Click above.
  9. darr

darr Active Member

I just hope the Chicago Police are a little more careful than the ATF.Hopefully they aren't dealing with Mexican cartels.

Darr
  10. slide action

slide action Active Member

First off, most of the "guns" turned in are usless junk! Secondly a lot of them(if not most) are probably stolen (remember no questions means just that) !Probably NO way to get a conviction if somebody turned in a stolen gun! Trirdly these scams have been proven to have almost NO effect on illegal gun trafficing or crime! They are nothing but political ploys by liberal politicians!
  11. School Teacher

School Teacher Active Member

A lot of cities, not just Chicago, have urban violence problems and the availability of guns seems to escalate the carnage. However, if all the guns were to somehow disappear, I suspect that a similar level of violence would still remain.

The weapons of choice IMO might be knives, axes and claw hammers.

Police departments, churches and other groups IMO sponsor these events as they feel that they must do something to stop the violence. What are the alternatives?

Here in Louisville, KY we have had several instances of young children being killed or wounded as a result of drive by shootings or stray rounds from gunfights where the participants knew each other.

So what are the solutions to gun violence given that citizens have a constitutional right (thank the Good Lord) to keep firearms in their homes to protect themselves?

Put the crooks in jail some say. True but jail overcrowding gets them back on the street after only a token part of their sentence has been served.

Put more police on the street some say yet several cities have severe budget constraints that limit hiring of new officers and/or police overtime.

How about community and church leaders stressing life style changes like getting a good education, waiting to get married before having children, discouraging videos and other media that glorify drugs and the "gangsta" life style, appropriate dress instead of "pants on the ground" and provocative clothing on women.

The schools, despite what you may read or hear, do a wonderful job in providing a safe place for students to learn and to see examples of successful adults. I am amazed at the hopes and dreams that many of these students have and how they perform in the classroom. Yet they often go back to a home life that would disgust many of us.

It is said that it only takes one apple to spoil a barrel and this is certainly true in the classroom. IMO a minority of 10% or so of troubled students cause most of the disruption. These students need to be placed in alternative middle and high schools with smaller classes, more discipline and more consequences for bad behavior. Most school systems do this but not to the extent required and the paperwork required to place someone in an alternative program is cumbersome. In baseball, three strikes and your are out. How about three suspensions and off you go.

IMO, gun buybacks have little impact on the level of gun violence. Community leaders have to demand lifestyle changes and set good examples themselves on how to lead a successful life. Many do this but the glorification of drugs and "gangsta" lifestyle in the media is perhaps too powerful to overcome.

Ed Ward
  12. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

I agree with spitter!

That would be a great place to rid your self of firearms that no one wants.

However, looking at it from slide action's point of view: Wouldn't this give criminals a reason to go out and steal more guns?

School Teacher is right the human race has historically done very well at killing one another. Take away the guns, and they will just find a new weapon of choice. We will be faced with drive by crossbowings and slingshottings. I call Dibs if these become real words.
  13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Send them to Gun Parts Inc (ex-Numrich Arms) and get a check for gun parts.

And show me where the cops have an FFL to be in the business of buying guns.

Oh, wait, some pigs are more equal than others.
  14. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Wait a minute... I thought Guns were ILLEGAL in Chicago.. If so then why are there so many there that they have buyback programs ?? I bet if they were legal... well just think of the additional sales tax revenue 10%.. Maybe that would help fix the damn roads up there
  15. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

This is my solution. 1). Enforce the existing laws. Some unwanted SOB in your home, and/or threatened by bodily injury or worse! Simple SHOOT him, empty the gun, call law enforcement.
    2)take your unwanted broken unusable guns in for you free $100. 00 preferably a Berber or pellet
    Gun.
    3) prisons over crowded? No Problem! Put all violent murderers, life sentenced/ death row inmates
    On a cruise ship, treat them like royalty, take them to Afganistan drop them off and tell them, five miles down this road is all the weapons and fire power a man needs, take them and kill the enemy.
    We'll be waiting on the other side of the county waiting and granting you freedom.
    Send our military men and women home
    Budget Problem solved. Can you spell:
    Another Obama rebate? Election year?
    More gun money for America. You got to love it
  16. spitter

spitter Active Member

Dennis... Where have you been man?! We got MacDonald... we've even got licensing classes... Chicago is mainstream...

What we need is Wyatt Earp...

Jay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.