1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wealth finders..Any experience with?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tarhawk, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

I've recently been contacted by companies claiming they have found some money that belonged to my father who is deceased. Although they were reluctant to say how much, they finally did but would not tell me the source. My problem is that they want 30% of what they have found. This seems like an exorbitant commission. At first I thought this was a scam of some sort but I checked out some of the companies with the BBB and they were legit. Anybody have experience with these kind of companies that they could share?

Thanks

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Try the "missing Money" link above first, then google "unclaimed funds" and investigate a bit more. You can probably find it and get it free. As a last resort, try to negotiate that 30% down to 20% and pay it, since 70% or 80% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Neil

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Do what Neil said. Most states have a website that lists unclaimed property. It might be under "unclaimed property" or something like that. Check with your states secretary of state, they are usually responible for stuff like that.

4. smartweed

smartweed TS Member

Why not sell them some of your services? Explain to them, like you have in this forum to us, detailing your investigation into their legitimacy, the frustration of trying to find it yourself, and all of the attendent soul searcing that must go along with something like this. Then offer a 10% share in exchange for your 'internet testimonial' they can use with future clients. Maybe you end up at 15 or 20% as Mr. Winston has suggested. Hpoefully, you will be able to discover the money on your own.
    Hey, let us know how it turns out; sounds real interesting...Good Luck!

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They publish a list once a year in our paper.

Never heard of this outfit, but there are dozens. JUst don't pay in advance.

HM

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Another "Charlie the Tuna" is born everyday..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.