1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weak ejectors on Beretta 68x?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I've noticed the ejectors on my 68x don't snap with enough pop to send the empty clear of the chambers. Usually it's not a problem because I save the empties to reload or deposit in trash.

I'm guessing new springs ejector springs are needed. Any other ideas?

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I cut my springs down so they don't pop, easier on the ejectors.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Yes new springs are in order. With everyting correct, the ejectors should pop a pair of hulls out over your shoulder landing about 10 feet behind you.

5. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I for one cut two coils off of my springs because it came out with such a force it hurt my fingers when I caught the empties. It still ejects the but without a lot of force. Before I cut the springs it would throw the hulls about 15 feet.

6. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

When I was shooting a 682, I pulled the ejectors once a year and cleaned all the crud that built up behind the spring plungers and around the springs. After a couple of years the springs wore a flat spot on their sides so I would replace them, it's easy to do.

Surfer

7. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

what I meant about cutting the springs down is that new springs are hard on the ejectors when they pop with a lot of force....on several occasions I have seen a shooters ejector break during an ATA shoot and they are pretty much done for the day.

If they fire a little lighter they will last a life time, I reload, so I cut my springs down and remove the hulls as if is an extractor.

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

weak ejector beretta 682