1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weak call

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

click your tongue.

2. Joe P.

Joe P. TS Member

Kolar G beat me to the reply button. Are you somewhere near the northern Ohio-Pennsylvania border?

I don't know if it was the same gentleman but up in northwest PA I shot with a guy that had this kind of arrangement. He had a small switch on the forearm that was connected to a small (about the size of a box of cigarettes) box on his belt. When it was his call you heard a "Beep! from the box. It was battery powered.

I do not know if he made it himself, had someone make it for him or bought it pre-made. If it has to be made, I would think most any radio shack could come up with something similar. In the old days, ham radio operators used to have something similar to practice sending, and with a friend doing the sending, or receiving the Morse code they had to practice to keep their license or to upgrade.

3. Vickie

Vickie Member

I shot with Mike Mazzucchi once when he was using one of those wireless doorbells. He had the doorbell part on his belt and the button on the forend. It worked ok, but it was kind of distracting, until i figured out where the "ding dong" was coming from. It seemed to work ok for him.

Hope this helps.

Vickie

4. titan79

titan79 TS Member

What about one of those toy clickers?

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

How about finding a gorgeous 20-year old female to accompany you on the stations, and call "pull" in a sultry, sexy voice.

Not only will you get your birds, but you'll have the other shooters so distracted that they drop birds like hot spark plugs.

Code

6. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

If you shoot with some of the same people, or if you want to do a quick training job with the adjacent shooter in the squad, you can do what my wife and I worked on one day when we showed up to shoot, and she realized with a case of laringitis, she would not be able to call for the bird. The best system we came up with worked like this:
    1. She would mount her gun with an extremely low POA (like below the top of the trap house). She likes to look down her barrel and check into her beads. She could do that with her gun just below the trap house.
    2. Then she would raise her gun smartly to the normal aim point.
    3. At this point, I would count to 1 and call for the bird at my station.
    Kinda like the same way a quarterback does a silent count, but this way nothing is moving.
    worked great, trying to move a finger or a toe and have someone call for the bird didn't seem to work as well as the movement seemed to disrupt the setup.
    d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.