1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We The USA Cannot Police the World + see thread

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We the tax paying people of the USA cannot police the world, nor should we bail out poor investing BANKS and Savings & Loans.

Democrats went on a vacation and did not vote on oil exploration, so we could get lower priced oil right here in the USA and did not have or serve the best interests of the people of the USA Obama and Nancy Pelosi are the scurge of the earth, those democrats that went on vacation should be voted out of office as they did not serve the best interests of the country that elected them.

We have spent billions and billions of dollars on and in IRAQ and they should repay us with LOW PRICED oil below market prices to show and support our help
    in removing SADAM HUSSEIN and his SONS from atrocoties.

Our allies are not supporting our efforts or rewarding our efforts to keep peace for them.

Lets take care of our people first and only, I said only give money in direct proportion in matching funds of other countries supporting peace efforts.

Remember SWEDEN if I remember correctly is the only country that repaid their debt to the USA after the war II.

The USA tax payers are not an anytime bank for the world.

And I Support This Statement.
    Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

We the tax paying people of the USA cannot police the world, nor should we bail out poor investing BANKS and Savings & Loans.

Democrats went on a vacation and did not vote on oil exploration, so we could get lower priced oil right here in the USA and did not have or serve the best interests of the people of the USA Obama and Nancy Pelosi are the scurge of the earth, those democrats that went on vacation should be voted out of office as they did not serve the best interests of the country that elected them.

We have spent billions and billions of dollars on and in IRAQ and they should repay us with LOW PRICED oil below market prices to show and support our help
    in removing SADAM HUSSEIN and his SONS from atrocoties.

Our allies are not supporting our efforts or rewarding our efforts to keep peace for them.

Lets take care of our people first and only, I said only give money in direct proportion in matching funds of other countries supporting peace efforts.

Remember SWEDEN if I remember correctly is the only country that repaid their debt to the USA after the war II.

The USA tax payers are not an anytime bank for the world.

And I Support This Statement.
    Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

i say cut off foreign to all countries.

4. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

foreign aid that is.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

If it was only that simple....

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Ahmen to not policing the world. Let these other countries fend for themselves, and let's cut by only 5% the aide we send just to countries that are debtor nations and see what that does for our defict! I don't want to see anyone starve or die from diease but if we just got aide to debtor nations by a small 5% imagine our nations bottom line.

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

It is my opinion that the United States has PLENTY of money to go around if we (the Gov't. beaurocrats) would quit WASTING our tax dollars. I don't want any more bridges to nowhere (that the local population didn't want anyway) NO MORE PORK! We can/could solve all our problems if Congress would only think of those whom they are suppossed to serve instead of just getting re-elected. Don't get me started on this crap!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

8. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Oh, were it so easy!

I'm in full agreement that we should avoid "foreign entanglements", as our forefathers warned. However, reality dictates changes during the life of our Republic. As our country has developed, and along with it, the accompanying changes in technology, our definition of foreign entanglements has necessarily changed.

Commerce among countries forces changes in foreign policy. We lack certain minerals and elements necessary to maintain technological progress. We also aren't the sole residence for science, engineering, and medicine. Therefore, we end up with commercial agreements, and laws written by Congress to allow trade with other countries. We end up with compromises and treaties which allow this growth.

However, a lot of this grief could be avoided, if the Federal Government were limited in scope to its original charter. Its power grew exponentially in the twentieth century, mostly by liberal interpretation of Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution. It states that "Congress shall have the power...
    To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;"

Until each and everyone of us understands this, and votes only for those who would narrowly interpret the power of Congress, then these discussion are moot.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

we cannot police the world