1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We should be able to carry on our hip JOD

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0b6UJsfTAnA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Good point but that dude is out there. Wow.. LOL

3. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Here, in Maine, it is perfectly legal to carry openly in a holster on one's hip.
    However, try to do so and some panty waist old lady bleeding heart liberal type will get all flustered and call the police.
    The police in turn will bust you for "disturbing the peace"
    So, I carry concealed.

4. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The Leos in my area have all commented publicly that they have no problem with the CCW folks.....you can open carry too but not everywhere without a roust.

Concealed carry I think is the best idea. Open carry is a unfavorable fashion statement, that's best avoided.....people seem content about the CCW as long as you don't start flashing it in their face.

5. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Rick, in 1966 I was stationed at Ft. Carson. A buddy and I were sitting in a bar in Manitou Springs when two cowboys walked in, both with six guns strapped on. My jaw probably dropped about two feet. They unstrapped them and passed them across the bar and ordered a couple beers.

Needless to say, I warned my buddy not to start anything!
    I don't think that's legal now and may not have been legal then - but it sure was pretty damn cool. One of those experiences that creates a lasting memory. Lived there just south of Castle Rock for five years leading up to 2003. Love that state!

Dave

6. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Bigdog, we SHOULD be, given that we live in Texas! That said, 221 has it right, even if I do feel well dressed with my customized blue and stainless steel Vaquero resting in that black leather hand-tooled holster, black lizard boots and black cowboy hat, LOL.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Wisconsin has open carry but no CCW. Hopefully the new administration will rectify this.

HM

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Totally believe in concealed carry. I just this presentation was funny on trying to "conceal" his "big gun" and how the ladies would really like his "package".

The problem that I see with open carry is that not enough do and therefore, someone could grab your gun and rob you with it like happened a couple years ago in AZ.

9. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Halfmile, I was told that the CCW would come up by spring. With the Dems being scared to face the truth and they cut and run. This puts us back a little. We will deal with the Budget first. But it is coming.

Ken Cerney

Wisconsin

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Some very good points being made on some posts as to why "Not" to open carry. I had not looked at it from all sides. I can see how a open carry person may likely be the first target. Isn't "Eliminate the Biggest Threats First" taught in many circles?

11. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Rick, I don't think that would work too well in Wisconsin right now. We only want sane people carrying guns, LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.