1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

= We should apologize for Hiroshima and Nagasaki =

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well, at least that's what your useless President thinks. Click the link.

-Gary

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

He should read the Japanese battle plan after the Allied forces invaded the homeland.

Don

3. 3357

3357 Member

I think not. We dropped the bomb(s) on purpose, with good reason, and with fair warning. You only apologize for accidents and/or mistakes, these bombs were neither.

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Let's see what did the BABY say in Meet The Fockers?

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

3357 - What fair warning?

6. 3357

3357 Member

Maybe I am mistaken but I believe the Japanese military was advised during negotiations and pamplets were air dropped prior to the bomb drop. The Japanese refused to believe the technology was real. If I am wrong I stand corrected.

7. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

3357 you are correct! They were given the option of surrender or else. Maybe we should try apply that stategy in todays world.

Joe

8. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

3357 you are correct! They were iven the option of surrender or else. Maybe we should try apply that stategy in todays world.

Joe

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Who said "I shall return"? MacArthur

Who said "The British are coming, The British are coming"? Paul Revere

Who said "What the F**k was that"? scroll down

The mayor of Nagasaki.

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Mrs Keet, It's only been on the history channel a bazillion times. The Allies dominated the air space. Dropped leaflets for 3 weeks prior...after all the fire bombings. They had more than fair warning.

It was a WAR!

Those who do not acknowledge history are bound to repeat it.

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

skeet ,

"what fair warning?"

Your tone would lead folks to think that you believe an apology is in order.
    Even the Japanese Ambassador in 2009 called that a "Nonstarter."
    Did you ever read or study any history?? Last time I checked we were on the receiving end of an unprovoked attack at Pearl Harbour while the Japanese Ambassador was in Washington DC on a "peace" mission seeking an audience with our President.

Military strategy usually doesn't give warnings. The Japanese received a HUGE courtesy call but didn't heed the warning.

12. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Why didn't we prosecute the Japanese leadership like the Germans, they matched atrocities at least one for one in China, Korea, and other occupied lands. Apologize my **s. Maybe we thought the bomb was enough, I don't.

13. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

If anybody needs to apologize, it should be Anne Dunham and Barrack Obama, Sr. for dropping their little turd on us.

14. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

3357 - Negotiations? Japanese were told it was Unconditional Surrender. There were no negotiations. Anybody trying to negotiate would have been assassinated by the Army. There were a few attempts to pass information to the Japanese government via the Soviet Union (neutral until the very last days of the war), but the Soviet Union manipulated that attempt to their perceived advantage.

BTW - Why did Japan surrender? Was it the atom bomb or Soviet Union declaring war? Historians have disagreed mostly based on their prejudices. The last book I read on the end of the war concluded the civilian leaders were primarily affected by the atom bomb and the military leaders were more affected by the entry of the Soviet Union, especially the Red Army's blitzkrieg into Manchuria.

Manchuria had been the fiefdom for the Army for many years. The elite and privileged units of the Japanese Army (the nearly autonomous Kwantung Army) were stationed in Manchuria and some of its units were only moved from Manchuria in the latest part of the war. U.S. intelligence feared the Japanese Army would fight on in Manchuria even after the Japanese homeland was conquered.

BTW - There were more lives lost and more destruction wrought by the fire-bombing of Tokyo than by either of the atom bomb attacks. Fire-bombing of other Japanese cities were almost as destructive of lives and property as the Tokyo raid.

BTW2 - In the face of US Naval losses to Kamikaze attacks at Okinawa the US Navy and the CNO had strong doubts the Navy would be able to sustain an amphibious operation against the mainland of Japan. The record is not clear on whether Truman was aware of Admiral King's apprehensions.

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

History IS repeating itself!!

instead of Japanese, its Muslims now!!

Same Ideology, just PC has taken over America!!

So called "education" has gotten us NO where!

16. triplea

triplea TS Member

Built in America and tested in Japan. 509 Composite Bomb group and people like my father did their job and ended the war. Either finish the job in Iraq and Afganistan or get out. Peace through superior firepower!

17. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Mrsskeet, There is only 1 thing to do in war, WIN.... The Empire of Japan made a grave mistake when they attacked the United States of America. You inflict as much suffering on the enemy as possible to make them cease their hostile acts. PERIOD!!!!

NO APPOLOGIES ARE NECESSARY FOR DROPPING THE ATOMIC BOMB!!!!!!!!!

As General George Patton stated "You dont win a war by dieing for your country, you make the other poor bastard die for his"

Oscar Ray

18. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rule #1 in war. Use any and all you have to protect yourself and your loved ones. No apologies necessary.

19. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Force Break - WE certainly did prosecute, and execute, Japanese for war crimes. Go to any of these links:

http://worldwar2database.com/html/warcrimes.htm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Military_Tribunal_for_the_Far_East

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/macarthur/peopleevents/pandeAMEX101.html

20. cafowler

cafowler Member

MrSkeet, seems to have a great grasp of history, I'm guessing your a history teacher somewhere??

It's interesting and this idea of an appology confirms a lack of foreign relations understanding. I was at the Pearl WWII memorial in 1989 and watched a considerable number of japanese tourists openly weeping and tossing lei's into the water. I didn't understand why the Jap's were crying and praying at the memorial, afterall we bombed the shit out of them.

I asked someone who explained that the older generation of Japanese citizens feels tremendous guilt for starting the war and killing so many americans and Japanese. The generation "that was there" recognizes what they are responsible for and have lived with the resultant death/chaos to their socity. That generation doesn't need an apology from some 45 year old who wasn't even born yet. I'm sure this older generation is similar to those of similar age in the US who understand what really happened and why. obamy is clearly not of that generation. Interesting how one generation imposes their views of history onto others who know better. I'm sure the Jap amabassador didn't want the apology as many of their citizens wouldn't appreciate this since they feel so responsible in the first place, it would make our President look like an idiot who doesn't understand history.

Few know of the 80,000 US Citizens of Japanese decent who were rounded up into 10 concentration camps like Tule Lake, CA. If anyone deserves an apology it's these citizens. This is the only insance in US history the gov't used armed force and killed it's own citizens in one of these camps when they protested the poor living conditions. The high desert and cold winters of Tule Lake resulted in living conditions we condemn the germans for to this day, but most don't know we did practically the same thing. We never locked up any Italian-Americans, or German-Americans, but we rolled up practically every slant-eye on the west coast, even young kids who were born in the good ole USA. Destroyed their businesses, families, networth overnight. My 7th grade teacher was in the Tule Lake camp as a young girl. I do feel sorry for her to this day, but not any Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor or otherwise contributed to WWII death & destruction.
    http://www.tulelake.org/history.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.