1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We Poured Our New Field Today at NHSC!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thanks to the foresight of our Board and the hardwork of a lot of our members, we poured the the walkways for our 5th field today and it's a beauty. One of our newest members is a concrete contractor and his finishers turned in true craftmanship work.

This will allow us to have a practice/members' field available during our registered shoots. Once this field is on line, we plan a very aggressive membership drive to bring new shooters into the sport.

The members who came before us left us a great legacy in our property and like all successful clubs we must reward that legacy with good stewardship. A huge part of that is bringing in new blood to insure our future. A club is either growing or dying. I'm glad to say that the leadership of our club is dedicated to growing.

JT

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

And did it in the depths of the Big Recession...how about a pic?

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I think Helen, our treasurer took some. We'll get them up.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

You mean it is warm enough somewhere to pour outside concrete?? Where?

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Interestingly, North Hollywood Sportsmans Club was founded 61 years ago, as of this past Friday, in North Hollywood, CA. Of course, 61 years ago N. Hollywood was pretty rural. Over the years the Club has moved a couple of times and now is actually located in San Francisquito Canyon just outside the Santa Clarita/Valencia area just north of the San Fernando Valley.

We are open Wed, Sat & Sunday mornings and guests are welcome. Come out and shoot with us.

JT

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

7. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Up for NHSC. A really nice club and a fun place to shoot.

The free lunches are outstanding!

Charlie

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Expansion in any trap club does my heart good.

9. In plain view

In plain view Member

My health is improving daily and I'll be heading to NHSC on January 30th for their ATA shoot. Fine people, fine club, great targets and weather usually great. Without a doubt they provide one heck of a good lunch. Stay home, be miserable or go to NHSC and enjoy yourself. Bob English

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.