1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We NEED to be focusing on the Senate in 2012

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Looks like mittens thinks that conservatives will just fall in step,,,,,if he continues his BS,,,,,he will alienate them like McCain did,,,,,,he NEEDS to understand that MANY conservatives are NOT in the bag and will not tolerate moderate to liberal stances.....

"Romney also reportedly expressed a need for his campaign to reach out beyond its typical constituencies and to try to pull in those outside of immediate Republican circles. Commenting on the media's coverage so far in the campaign, with harsh marks for television commentators and praise for Fox News, Romney said, "Fox is watched by the true believers. We need to get the independents and the women.""

They need to understand if you alienate conservatives,,,,,you alienate the base of the R party and why many stayed home in 2008

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

For the country club GOP set losing is preferable to being seen with a tea partyer. Gotta keep up that image you know. Imagine the damage to one's reputation at the club if one were to be seen embracing those radical tea party beliefs like limited government.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Nah. Lets beat Luger in the Indiana primary so we can be sure Indiana will get a new Democratic Senator.

4. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

We need to get rid of all the dead meat and that is the entire system. Corrupt, non-accountable, non-productive, insider trading and they are no better than organized crime. When are you people going to wise up.

5. tachyon

tachyon Member

We are close to becoming a one party system like what happened in the late 30's. The Democrats have embraced the dark side of the force. Their hatred for Bush has expanded to hatred towards all republicans. Any difference in opinion is trumped by their hatred. They can disagree but still vote for the democrat.

The democrats have ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC as their allies. 90% of their reporters identify themselves as liberals. It taints all of their reporting. They also own the vote of african americans, hispanic americans and dead people. They own politics at the local level and will use that to make sure that their candidates win (see Minnesota senatorial election, any Illinois election etc. etc). Any attempt to look at the situation is met with cries of racism or worse.

Money talks. Obama raises more money in one week than the republican presidential candidate has this year. In my state, Nebraska, Bob Kerry, carpetbagger from New York is running for the senate. He has 10 times the money of all the republicans combined. The democrats have hollywood elites, the guilty super rich (read "the oracle of Omaha"), pandering energy companies (GE etc) and beaucoup union money supporting their causes.

The dems own the education system. They own the National Education Association and most of the college professors. The NEA supports the dems with a lot of money, people and curriculum . They own the universities. The only good thing is that a few students see through the liberal indoctrination and learn to think for themselves. The other 800,000 graduates a year buy into the liberal religion.

Republicans vote on principle, democrats on hate. Republicans evaluate candidates on a number of criteria and if a candidate does not live up to their ( tea party/fiscal conservative/small government, compassionate conservatism/ etc) stand on one of the issues they stay home an drink beer. The dems rally their base with the dark side of hatred and get out the vote. Heck even here the dems have buses go to the homeless shelters and take them to various polling places to vote. (vote early vote often is their motto). Any attempt to investigate is labeled as racist and of course they are in charge.

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Tachyon - Read the postings of the phobics here and tell me there is no hate the from the right-wing extremist loonies here.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

mskeet

We only hate left wing, pinko commie, faggots who want to end the American way of life and put government in control of everyone's life.

Remember what Reagan said? Government should serve the poeple, not run their lives.

8. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Bottom line is if liberals turn out in mass at the polls while independants and conservatives sit on their asses at home we're screwed.

Said it last election and I'll say it again. Grab your conservative friends and drag them to the polls if necessary.

Robert

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wow, is that how Reagan felt about the Democratic voting people too? I doubt it. Reagan raised taxes. Reagan was one of the best presidents this Country has ever seen. He did what had to be done because it was best for the Country, not just because it was in line with his party. He was an average guy, that had no interest in power, or money. Unfortunately that will never happen again.

10. Rick Barker

Did I use the word Democrat in my thread?????

Hate comes from all sides, mostly from the left wing loonies.

Reagan did not raise taxes, no president can, only Congress can set tax rates.

But he did sign a bill passed by the Democrat held Congress that raised the capital gains taxes for those people who lived off their investments at a lower rate than wage earners who paid a higher rate.

Its real simple. Make the tax rate the same for every body, regardless if you make 25,000 a year or 25,000,000.00. No exemptions. That is FAIR.

By the way, if the Buffet rule were to pass, it would only raise an amount somewhere around 4.6 billion a year. If the government trimmed 1 percent of all agency budgets, that would amount to more than 36 billion a year.

Buffet rule is just another "smoke and mirrors" gesture designed to get the gulliable to vote for President Stupid.

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

If you raise the tax on the rich then all you do is raise the price on the goods they manufacture as to offset the increase in taxes. When in the hell are pepole going to understand that shit runs down hill. wild bill

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ill vote for anyone over Obama. I dont think Rommeys a commie. Four more of Obama and this country will be toast. What do you see that I dont?

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

14. Rick Barker

Stl

Very interesting re-write of the Reagan legacy, by a kid who wasn't even born when Reagan left office and published in a left leaning outlet via CBS.

Yeah, I am sure I am going to believe that.

Sorry but for those of us who were there, it is not the way it happened.

Please stop, your making a fool of yourself.

Every story you will find on the internet about "Reagan raising taxes" has a left wing author behind it.

When Reagan did agree to the tax increases the Democrats wanted, they promised him they would cut spending later if taxes were raised first and like so many other times the Democras lied and that is why Republicans don't trust the Dems.

Our debt is now larger than our economy. We can tax every cent of every citizen in this country and we will still be in the red. The only way out of our mess is to cut government spending, not tax everyone into poverty.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Revisionism.

16. Rick Barker

Here, this says it all. look at the tax rates during the terms since Ronald Reagan took office. Note what they were when a President took office and what they were when his successor came in.

Year Top Marginal Rate

1981 69.13% Reagan took office Jan 20, 1981

1982 50.00%

1983 50.00%

1984 50.00%

1985 50.00%

1986 50.00%

1987 38.50%

1988 28.00%

1989 28.00% Geo H. Bush took office Jan 20, 1989

1990 31.00%

1991 31.00%

1992 31.00%

1993 39.60% Bill Clinton took office Jan 20, 1993

1994 39.60%

1995 39.60%

1996 39.60%

1997 39.60%

1998 39.60%

1999 39.60%

2000 39.60%

2001 38.60% Geo W. Bush took office Jan 20, 2001

2002 38.60%

2003 35.00%

2004 35.00%

2005 35.00%

2006 35.00%

2007 35.00%

2008 35.00%

2009 35.00% Barack Obama took office Jan 20, 2009

2010 35.00%

2011 35.00%

2012 35.00%

17. Rick Barker

By the way, I was wro.....wro......wrong.

It was Geo H. Bush who agreed to raise taxes after the Dems told him they would cut spending if taxes were increased, and they did not, they lied.

The very idea that Obama can compare himself to Reagan is repugnant to freedom loving people everywhere.

A lot of us remember Ronald Reagan, and Barack Insane Obama is no Ronald Reagan!

Reagan believed in uniting people, Obama a divider, he uses class warfare like a weapon.

Reagan believed in the American spirit of the individual and what we can accomplish as the American people.

Obama believes in big government, he does not believe in free enterprise and HE HAS SAID SO. Read his damn books.

Here, read the words of Ronald Reagan:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have.

All great change in America begins at the dinner table.

Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.

Facts are stubborn things.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.

Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.

We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

We in government should learn to look at our country with the eyes of the entrepreneur, seeing possibilities where others see only problems

In America, our origins matter less than our destination, and that is what democracy is all about.

The work of volunteer groups throughout our country represents the very heart and soul of America. They have helped make this the most compassionate, generous, and humane society that ever existed on the face of this earth.

The government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

Coercion, after all, merely captures man. Freedom captivates him.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I’m in a cabinet meeting.

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes." [Said during a radio microphone test in 1984]

rickbarker_2009_2505219.jpg

18. bsekf

bsekf Member

Rick,

You are right on. The Republicans have just as much distaste for reducing spending as the Dims. AND we must reduce spending to save the Republic. We must simplify the tax code....but Congress will not.....The IRS is a huge weapon for the party in power. The thought that some can pay no taxes and still get a refund is repugnant....it is ultimate welfare.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Ben Franklin

19. Rick Barker

"Goverment does nothing as well or as economically as the the private sector"

Ronald Reagan "A Time For Choosing" October 27, 1964.

20. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Hey Keet, GO GET A BUCKET OF SAND AND A HAMMER!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.