1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WE NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Single Shooter, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Single Shooter

Single Shooter TS Member

My dad has an old Stevens model 5000 sXs 16 gauge 2 3/4 shotgun and i can not find a price for it anywhere. If you KNOW...not guessing, please comment back. Thanks

Zach

2. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Stevens 5000 is the same as a Steven 5100 and a Stevens 311. There are slight differences in finish and options but basically, we are talking about Volkswagons; simple, effective and very sturdy at a price the average working stiff could afford. A really clean one with all of the finish remaining and a checkerd stock would fetch maybe $450-500 on a good day. The average price of a worn but servicable one would be closer to $300. Like the VW, they made a tone of these guns and like the VW, most remain in service. Nothing sexy, but nothing to sneer at either.

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I failed to add that the price is based on the gauge. A 16 GA carries more value than a 12 GA, the demand is higher since few affordable 16 GA guns are currently being made in a SxS configuration. 410s carry a high value too. If the gun were a 12 GA and it was heavily used, it would be worth about $200. I suspect your gun was made between 1925 and 1948 as they changed the model number to 5100 in '48.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.