1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We make custom target controllers for trap / skeet

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jyeglic, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jyeglic

jyeglic TS Member

0   0   0

Hello fellow trap shooters. My name is Joe Yeglic and I'm posting here to advertise a custom target controller system I've developed and fielded. A family member of mine introduced me to the sport of trap a number of years ago, and I finally found a way to leverage my skill as a computer scientist to challenge myself on the trap field. So, I've decided to sell my little machines to trap and skeet clubs to add a little variety to the game, and challenge shooters in a new way.

What I've developed and am offering for sale is a custom controller that gives shooters additional games to play. So far, I've developed three games: Sleet, Advanced Sleet, and Flurry. These games are similar to Five stand with the exception that the throwers are selected at random and no shooter knows what bird will come next. There are some slight differences in the game, and each of them is customizable for different skill levels.

My partner and I have put some information on our website, http://www.downrangetechnologies, which gives a little bit more detail about these controllers. They are small, run off a small amount of power and are weather resistant.

So far, it's just me and my partner who helps with the build outs and wiring. We think these controllers are really cool and so far we've seen very positive reactions to them. Shooters are challenged in a new way and the games are really fun.

If you're interested in this sort of thing, or want some more information, give the site a look, email me at joe@downrangetechnologies.com, or give me a call at 571.451.5420. I'm based out of Maryland.

Here are the details on the games and controllers:

*Games*
    We currently offer two different games, each with user-controlled variable settings. Custom games can be rapidly developed based on a specific requirement or preference from a field owner. The number of targets per-game can also be customized.

*Sleet*
    Sleet controls three (3) clay-pigeon throwers (skeet or trap). The shooter selects the number of targets to be engaged in a single game (30 or 50). The shooter then selects the skill level, either BEGINNGER, INTERMEDIATE or ADVANCED. Each setting specifically correlates to a set period of time (delay) between each target. Targets are thrown randomly and shooters engage them at will. One target is thrown at a time, and the skill level is chosen at the beginning of the game. The first thrower to trigger is fixed and a thrower will never throw a bird in succession (to account for thrower reloading time).

*Advanced Sleet*
    Advanced Sleet is the same as Sleet with two notable exceptions.
    1. Two birds are thrown, either together or with a slight delay (< 500ms).
    2. The number of targets per-game is higher (50 or 100).

*Flurry*
    Flurry is more difficult version of Advanced Sleet, which offer 30 or 50 targets for up to three shooters. All targets are thrown in a slight succession, and the delay between each volley is random. Shooters are challenged at their ability to identify, prioritize and engage targets. Shooters are also challenged at their ability to work as a team and engage as many targets as possible. What makes this game more difficult is the number of birds thrown in each volley and the order in which they are thrown is random.

*Features*

- Easy Installation: Simply plug the control wire from the thrower into our controller to install. We will customize our controller interface to match the plugs used by your throwers.

- Easy Operation: Game controls are set using a 5’ LCD touch screen.

- Pass-Through: Our controllers offer thrower-pass through. Put our machine between your thrower and your existing controller box. When our controller is off, your existing controller will function as normal*.

- Truly Random: Games do not repeat and target selection is truly random. A complex algorithm is run before each throw to determine which thrower to trigger. There is no way to game this game.

- Test Mode: Allows you to test each thrower to ensure they are working properly before starting at game.

- Field Programmable: Control units are field programmable and do not require a DRT technician to update or upgrade. Units can be upgraded using a USB cable and PC or Mac. Software updates are free for one year from installation.

- Radio Controlled: Throwers are not required to be hard-wired to the controller unit and can be triggered remotely using a Radio Frequency (RF) signal. The range of our transceiver is significantly greater than the effective range of any modern thrower. Up to four (4) controllers can be operated at the same time with interference.

- Up to twelve (12) throwers: Our controller is capable of triggering up to twelve (12) throwing units simultaneously.

- Retrofitting available: Not all throwers are the same; we have successfully retrofitted older thrower units to be compatible with our machine (and others).

- Custom Games: Any number of custom “skill” or “challenge” games can be developed, and added later as an upgrade.

- Installation available: We are available for on-site installation (additional cost).

- Water Resistant Case: Unit can be stored in a trap/skeet house and is weather resistant.

- Warranty: We warranty parts for three years. We will replace defective parts for free and cover all shipping charges.

- Easy Power: In some cases, the controller unit can power itself by “stealing” power from a thrower*.

* Not all fields or throwers support this configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap machine hard wired controller

clay target flurry controls

hard wire skeet field

hard wired target counters for skeet

longrange remotes for mec clay thrower

trap thrower controler remotes

where to mount long range controller for a trap field