1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We lost our pal :(

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by peavine, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peavine

peavine TS Member

It is with much sorrow to say that we lost our little pal Peggy Sue, our 8 y/o dachsund. She passed away in our arms Saturday evening at the vet's office of a ruptured tumor on her heart. She went swiftly and I'll miss her so much.

Jonathan Taylor

2. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

so sorry to hear of your loss. It is so difficult to lose a friend you have had in your home who has always been there for you in good times and in rough times. Our hearts go out to you, we have known this loss in the past year as well. very hard.

Lorna

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jonathan: I can relate to your sorrow. We lost our yellow lab 18 months ago to cancer. They are part of the family. My heart goes out to you. Ed

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

such unbridled compassion Bernie...I'm truly touched!!

5. YUKONJACK

YUKONJACK TS Member

My heart goes out to you in your sorrow,been there done that,quite a few times in my life.I will suggest to you what I have finally come to help fill the void that is there bugging you,as it does all of us.You have to look in the mirror and say I did the right thing even though it hurts terrible.
    I've said I won't have another DAM DOG and have to do that again.After thinking it over I caught myself looking in the paper and low and behold there was a ad for a pup just like the one I had just done the "DIRTY DEED" to,so I got on the phone and lo & behold I now have a new buddy.It sure helps to deal with the loss and fills the void.Hope this helps.YUKON JACK

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jonathan: I would like to add that I did exactly what Yukon Jack suggests. I said at the time I would never get another dog. 6 weeks later I had a "new buddy". Now, he will never take the place of our yellow lab; but he sure fills the "void" and we love him. Good Luck. Ed

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

We too lost our cat of 17 years a few months back and now have a 6 mo. old kitty. Took her to the vet at 7:00 AM this morning to be spayed and get shots. Still miss the other one but a new one does help. Ray.......

This was posted in the past here on YTS.com.

Rainbow Bridge Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sorry about your loss Jonathan. I have been down that road a few times myself and understand the hurting. Just remember the good times your little pal brought and be happy you provided a loving home for them.

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

My heart grieves with you for your loss friend. wireguy

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Sorry to hear of the loss of your loved pet. They get into our hearts so much it's amazing isn't it? We lost our Casey a rotweiler to bone cancer last Thanksgiving time. We know how you feel now and surely hate to hear of anyone going thru this time of sorrow. Dan

11. striper

striper Member

Man I feel for you and your family. My wife and I had to put down our two 15 year old Italian Greyhounds this past summer. It is heart wrenching but while they are on earth and being our buddies there is nothing as great as having a few four legged kids in the house. Cherish the memories they will last forever. Striper

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you on the loss of a specail family member. Remember all the love she gave and get another dog.

13. Billster

Billster TS Member

Jonathan. As they say: "I feel your pain!" Last Friday had to put our 17 yr. old Westie 'Buster' to sleep. They give 110% to us...no questions asked. These little guys are at peace now and we were there for them for the transition. Just wish they could talk to tell us 'it's okay'...know what I mean?

Bill

14. nipper

nipper TS Member

Here is our new addition,rescused from the shelter to replace a 17.5 year old.

Bill

15. primer

primer TS Member

We had our Lucky 17yrs and he would lay in the RV window at the Grand watching the people. We lost him 3 years ago, and my wife said no more. Two months ago a puppy ran across the highway and the wife said get him before he gets killed. Now she has her own bed, but sleeps in ours. So much for no more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.