1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We lost our dog last night

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mike c, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike c

mike c TS Member

After 14 years of total devotion to us we had to take her to the vets. She was starting to suffer. My wife and i have been through alot of kleenex. It really hurts.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Mike, sorry for your loss. I know the pain all to well

3. mike c

mike c TS Member

thanks man

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Mike, maybe the reason their lifespan is 1/7 of ours is so we can enjoy several during our time.

We have had a lab for three years now. She is our first large dog. So loyal and so smart. It will be very difficult when her time comes.

Sorry for your loss. Time to get another.

Jim Skeel

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Any dog owner worthy of the great friendship that their dog offers eventually suffers as you are suffering now. But that is in a way a good thing because it is a direct measure of the good times that were shared.

Give your wife a few extra hugs and after your hearts mend a bit go out and get another pal. All dogs deserve to have a good owner like you.

Feeling your pain...

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I'm sorry.

Do your grieving, because you have suffered a real loss. In time normalcy will return. It will be a different normal than it was when she was a daily part of your life, but it WILL be normal. Time will heal this wound but it will leave a scar, as it does for all of us who have been through this. The scar is a reminder of your love in those times when you remember.

7. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

With sincere sympathy, Grubby

8. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Mike and wife I will say a prayer for you're pale and I hope all those memories will give you the happy thoughts of all the wonderful times you had together it will help with the loss of a dear friend and a companion. I know it is hard to try to replace a friend but there is another puppy waiting somewhere for you and you're wife to give you're warmest love. Pat.k.

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Mike: Been there and done that. You have lost part of your family. Wolfram gives good advice. When the pain lessens a little; look around for another "best friend". We did about 2 months after our loss. No, our black lab will never replace our beloved yellow lab. However, he fills the void and we love him just as much. Very sorry for your loss. Ed

10. gus

gus Member

Hope this helps ..........................

FAREWELL MASTER, YET NOT FAREWELL,
    FOR WHERE I GO YOU TOO SHALL DWELL,
    I AM GONE BEFORE YOUR FACE,
    A MOMENTS TIME, A LITTLE SPACE,
    WHEN YOU COME WHERE I HAVE STEPPED,
    YOU WILL WONDER WHY YOU WEPT.

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water, and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge, never again to be separated.
    Bulge.

12. lancelot

lancelot Member

Dear Mike,

We lost our beloved P.J. after 21 years so I know something of your pain.

There's not much of anything I or anyone else can say now to relieve what y'all are feeling. But, know that we are thinking and praying for y'all.

With deepest sympathy, Ron Ireland

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have been through this

sorry

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Barrelbulge,,,,thanks for that one....

Mike C,,,,condolences to you and your family,,,,we recently lost one of ours and still can't talk about her,,,,life is short, share with it with another when you can....

15. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Mike,

Remember all the joy and good times you spent with your best buddy over all those years. She left those memories for you and your wife to enjoy forever.

Best wishes,

Jon Reitz

16. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I am truly sorry for your loss........
    D.P.Reynolds

17. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss...puablo

18. GSPBirdDog

GSPBirdDog TS Member

Sorry for your loss my friend as i have been down this road as well.It is never easy....I lost a GSP 2 yrs ago due to poisoning and almost lost another 8 month old GSP 2 weeks ago due to parvo...but he was healed by the power of prayer and a will to live. Take time to grieve and another dog will come in time...........

19. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Very sorry for your loss, they are all special but sometimes there's that one who makes a special bond with you and tugs on your heart strings. It's one of the most difficult times in life to have to endure. There must be a reason they are here such a short time compared to most of us and I think it is because they give so completely of themselves. No words can make it up, but we will be praying for you and your wife, and rest assured your loved one is having the time of their life in the most special place. Peace be with you.

20. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Sorry for your loss!! I had to have my 8 year old child with fur put to sleep 6 weeks ago and cry still, It still hurts so bad but he deserved not to suffer any more than he already had. So I feel your pain!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.