1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We Lost a Great Guy in Trapshooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

A great guy and longtime trapshooter from NY died yesterday...Ed (Skip) Bierstine. Ed valiantly fought cancer for the last few years and passed at home with his family by his side. Ed lived life to the fullest. He played with the Jimmy Sturr Band for 30 years and was one of the founding members of the band. Ed played piano, bass guitar and accordion for the orchestra.
    Ed loved fishing and hunting, going on many hunts and fishing trips to Canada and Saskatchewan, but I think his main love in sports was trapshooting.
    Ed was an ATA life member and shot NY, Conn, NJ, and PA mainly. One of Skip's favorite moments in trap was when he won the Blaser combo shotgun at the NYS
    shoot last year. He was walking on air for a long time after that!
    Ed was a true gentleman in every respect, and well liked by everyone. We sure will miss your smiling face at the shoots, Ed...Rest in Peace. Jeff Philipbar

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Very sorry for the loss of a fellow shooter. Please accept our condolensces.

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shot a lot of marathons with Skip, back in the 70s and 80s. He was a fun guy to shoot with. RIP Skip and save me a spot on your squad.

Ed Yanchok

4. krieghoff200

krieghoff200 TS Member

We sure did lose a true gentlemen of the sport...I will never forget the smile on his face when we announced his name as the gun winner from the NYS AIM Raffle last yr. And the next morning when i saw Ed he was still grinning from ear to ear. I was saddened to hear that shortly after winning the Blaser that he had to go in for chemo treatments and his presence was missed this yr at the NY State shoot as well...Rest in peace my friend

Steve White...NYS AIM Director

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.