1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We have won one!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by trapperwads, Aug 8, 2013.

1. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

The word is that the Long Island newspaper that outed the names and addresses of gun owners has been hit with layoffs including the editor. Don't say subscription cancellations and advertiser cancellations don't work because they do. It gave me great pleasure earlier this week when the Binghamton Press, another gannett liberal news rag called once again to ask me to subscribe and I told them no and why. The bottom line is finances and we can fight and win! ed nichols

2. perezal

perezal Member

Fight and win! Way to go.

3. Avatar

Googling this issue, I found the above article about a New York newspaper which, after receiving flack for publishing the identity of local gun permit holders, went and hired armed security guards. That seems somewhat hypocritical...

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I must keep saying BOYCOTT don't feed the enemy!!! I don't watch main stream media, I don't pay to see hollyweird movies, I don't watch pro sports etc..DON'T FEED THE EMNEMY

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

We have the Gannet rag here too. Every year it's been a downward adjustment (except for price) of one sort or another. The latest was moving the actual printing of the paper to a city 60 miles away. You should see the paper carrier flying around trying to get his papers delivered now. They decided to raise the Sunday addition from $1.75 to $3.00. Then they cut the actual size of the pages by 1/3rd. If you go to the sports page, it will have less than half of the box scores. We gave up our subscription 9 years ago when we realized $200 plus a year for a mirror image of the New York Times wasn't what we needed.

Bob Falfa

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

You also need to deprive them of their advertising dollars. Write to the firms that advertise in them, telling them you won't buy their product if they keep on advertising on a newspaper that has no respect for your constitutional rights. Follow through on the threat. You'll be surprised; when your $$ talk, companies listen. Chichay