1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We have been Invaded!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BIGDON, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Look at all the really dumb questions lately. I can't really believe these poor soles actually own firearms let alone shoot them.

It really demeans the quality this site has known for years. The other shooting venues are using this site as their own. This site was started for trapshooters, prospered because of trapshooters and became popular because of trapshooters.

The quality has really slipped. Many outstanding contributors have left or have become silent, meaning a large loss to the trapshooting community. If it continues I wouldn't be surprised if the site was closed down in the near future.

Don

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Don, how do you propose to fix the problem? If there is really a problem.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Don, being perfect, I'm sure you never asked a dumb question. It reminds me of kids today. They want to be where their parents are but worked to get there all their lives. The same applies to some of the new shooters. Let them ask the questions instead of making mistakes and possibly injuring themselves. Jackie B.

4. emm2

emm2 Member

My wife and I shoot all clay games plus shoot metalic, I feel all shooters should stick together in what they love not bitch about someone being a sporting clays shooter. BIGDON get another cup of coffee and calm down.

5. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Don,

Are the "poor soles" you mention the people that ask too simple of questions about trapshooting, or people that are asking for medical advise on a shooting forum?

If it is the former, perhaps a basic trapshooting knowledge test should be performed before people can allowed on. If it is the latter, perhaps the management could put someone in charge (maybe you?) to administer a "3 strikes and you are out" policy for dumb questions.

6. capvan

capvan Active Member

I have to agree with BidDon. It takes forever to sort thru the chaff (c'mon, Prostate cancer?) to get to the nuggets of trapshooting information. Some people are using this site for a chat room for anything and everything.

And there are people who are too lazy to research a question instead of asking for 20 opinions, most of which are personal and probably don't pertain to the original question.

Let the flames begin...

Bruce

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

While I think BigDon and I see many things alike.. I most hunbly disagree.. I think the board needs to change its name to TRAPSHOOTERFamily.Com We are all family..we share a bond of loving the shooting sport as a whole.. When I've had problems..many of you have taking the time to try to help me..regardless of what the topic is.. From my van not blowing cold air..to my autistic daughter.. You see.. you never know where HELP can come from..

We do have our share of Trolls..and that is not a useful thing..but at time the humor it provides is also important in today's difficult times.. Mental health is a major problem today..so don't discount the usefullness of venting..or just providing a shoulder to cry on..

I've seen first hand the kindness of many people on this board.Especially after Katrina..as well as the kindness of people who sit on the sidelines here..never post anything..but stillontacted me after Katrina to offer their help..

I've also seen how cruel some of the people are here.. Some have stayed.. some have left.. and some have seen the light of kindness..

Anyway.. I woke up this morning seeing my beautiful wife..and not roots.. so as I say.. ALL GOOD.. Mike

8. warren

warren Member

It seems to me that I saw David anouncing some sort of a record hits to this site recently, doesn't sound like it's going downhill to me.

warren

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, Capvan, if you don't want to read about such things as prostate cancer, don't open the thread and don't go to the Off Topic board.

Like Mike says, this is a community and we talk about different things here........just like a community.

Pretty darned good site if you ask me.

Hauxfan!

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

capvan,,,,if you will set your view to "Category" you will have no sifting to do,,,,if you would have not have "been so lazy" and asked the question, you would have known,,,,but you have to ask....

BTW, if one other man can get another man to get his prostrate checked,,,,then we will have some trapshooters for years to come....

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Hauxfan. The " other topics " is exactly that. I think people who insult other members like BIGDON just did run more people away than anything else. Nobody likes to be treated like that. Obviously he has not learned that yet and likely never will. I cringe when I see he has posted because I know that he is going to play Mr perfect and belittle someone. I feel this forum is made up of mostly "good ole boys" and they are some of the finest folks in the world. You don't have to perfect or educated to be a person of honesty and integrity. I keep coming back because I have met so many of these type folks on here. The opinionated ones who think their opinion is the only thing that matters and consitantly point fingers at others I can do without

12. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

BIGDON, when you go to your club is the conversation about trap shooting all the time? I don't think so. What do you do when the boys start talking about things other then trap, go in the corner and wait until the coversation gets back around to trap.

I left this site for a few years because I ask a health question and someone like you ramed it down my throat. We are a family and should be allowed to ask any questions we need to get answers to. The shooter that asked about prostate cancer needed to get a few opinions on his situation and those that answerd him put his mind at ease until he could see his doctor. Like emm2 said get a cup of coffee and relax. Never take life seriously it's not permanent.

13. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I sure am glad that I'm not so smart & worldly that I know everything & have nothing new to learn.........what a dull life that must be.

14. otnot

otnot Active Member

The attitude of your not worthy enough to post is the same attitude at clubs that drives people away.

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

When people see BIGDON posting they are going to start thinking LITTLEDON because thats what he is making himself look like ( a very small person)

16. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Ok.. that's enough of this non positive posting.. I think we got our point across.. All of us have moments of intolerance.. or might I say.. being tired and worn out for our world at this time.. Still All Good.. I Love you guys and gals.. even 221.. Bigggggggg Huggg.. Lets all help someone today.. Mike

17. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

RIGHT ON MIKE

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

we've been invaded by a grumpy old f*rt!

19. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

BIGDON please do yourself and the rest of the forum a favor and go to the top and click on category view. We look forward to you not participating in any off topic threads. Kim :p

20. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

TS.com is my favorite internet site, it's like a box of cracker jacks, you never know what your going to see when you open it up. If it was strictly shotguns and clay target shooting, it would be some what boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.