1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We have a hole.....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Len in Phoenix, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

leninphoenix_2008_03034.jpg

7 years to get the building permit....10 days to get this far. People who can guess where it is get to be there for the first shot. <big grin>

Len in PHoenix

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Why 7 years to get the permit?

Eric

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

About a mile East of the Wild horse West.

HM

4. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

Why 7 years to get the permit? That, my friend, is a story best told over a beer. Let's just say it was complicated and leave it at that.....

Len in PHoenix

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'd say its in your backyard. But what do I know. Break-em all. Jeff

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Ben Avery Shooting Complex.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Buckeye?:)(-: We'll find it Lennie!! Hap

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What's it for?

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That hole gave me a funny flashback. In 1988 I spent a week in San Antonio visiting a childhood friend. Some college was doing a huge archeological dig right in front of the Alamo. There were multiple big holes in the ground just like the one in the above picture and there were barrier ribbons all around the holes behind which people were digging with tiny shovels and rock hammers and carefully sifting dirt. As we waited in line to tour the Alamo we asked a professor who appeared to be in authority whether they had unearthed anything interesting yet. I forget exactly what he said, but it was short and kind of rude with one of those "I'm way too smart to talk to you" attitudes. Anyway, toward the end of a night of drinking, me and one of my friend's Army buddies decided to hop down in the holes and give that serious scientist some interesting discoveries. Mine was a carefully planted Miller Lite bottle, and the other guy's was a little too disgusting to mention, LOL. I only wish I could have been there to witness the "Eureka!"

-Gary

10. locdoc

locdoc Member

Ahhh, Garry. I haff beeen loookin' for you...........all dees years....almost dere now.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL! PROFESSOR GROUCH-PUSS! How have you been? Did you send our little "presents" to the Smithsonian?

-Gary

PS: I swear -- I'm only responsible for the beer bottle. That other thing was courtesy of the US Army.

12. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

Hi Hap!! You got it...The Joe Foss Shooting Complex in Buckeye will be throwing clays sometime in the next few months. Will you be at the Spring Grand?

Len in PHoenix

13. locdoc

locdoc Member

Yes, the Army does do good verk. Until the DNA eksam vas completed vee tought it vas part of a cow patty copmetition. You von. Ha Ha. !!!

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Professor Brownshirt: You can keep the trophy, LOL.

-Gary

15. locdoc

locdoc Member

Und a trophy it vas. Vat do dey feed dos solchers, anyvay ? My Oh My !

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

That is going to be one hell of an outhouse (shitter)!

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'll see you there Lennie! Shoot well my friend! Can't you work a little overtime on the trap? :)

Hap

18. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Len,

How many fields are going to be installed? Will they be trap only or skeet/trap ranges? Are they setup "north facing"? Will they open five days a week once this/these traps are completed?

Phil in Litchfield Park

19. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

Hi Phil

For now, we're going to just have one trap/skeet overlay field. The shooting stations for a skeet overlay are being poured at the same time as the house and trap sidewalks. The skeet houses are being built as an Eagle Scout project and will follow shortly. We have plans for a total of 4 traps in this location but that depends on the revenue flow from the first one. It's primary purpose is to support our SCTP team with public shooting as a side benefit. It is not north facing, so shooting in Buckeye will be similar to shooting in Young.

How often will it be open to the public? That depends on how many volunteers we can get to run it. We are an all volunteer, non-profit club. (hint hint)

Len in PHoenix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.