1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We gonna get a Tax Rebate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Just heard it on the news! Hot dam........Let's see now, a Perazzi or a Kriggy?

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Don't get too excited just yet.

Tax rebates and similar stimuli are like addictive drugs; the high is great but it doesn't last long and you're soon wanting more. The 2001 rebates saw only about 35% of the receivers putting it back into the economy (where it is supposed to go) anyway.

The better news is that, when the proposal was released to the media, the dollar gained some value against the Euro, the Pound and the Yen. THAT will be worth more in the long run than a one-time rebate.

Morgan

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

This action foretells the "true state" of our so-called "booming economy"!!!!

We are in deep serious trouble!!!!

Such antics only keep the lions at bay for a short time!!! What about 2 years from now???? Another "tax rebate" to stimulate?????

And at the same time,,General Motors is looking at "lean times" ahead!!!

The stock market in retreat,,,,,All of Bush's failed policys are coming home to roost!!!!! trouble is,,,the roosting tree has been foreclosed on,,,,and will be outsourced!!!!!!!

AKA Grrammie............

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I think they call it (Rob Peter To Pay Paul)

Bo

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I don't care!...I don't care!.......I don't care! I want the money,money,money,money,money,money,money....Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Greed and corruption...Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Debt and Hillary.....Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

I'd give my rebate to Hillarys or Obamas campaign fund.

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

Let something filter thru your thoughts-----------------For a long time now,,,,we have been told "outsourcing is good for america",,,,,"our economy is booming and going strong"!!!!!

And now????? and now we find---those words were nothing more than "smoke" blown straight up your tailpipe!!!! And all the while saying that things were "good",,,,,but having a hard time keeping a straight face and saying it like they were also trying to make "their ownselves" believe the words!!!! "If you believe hard enough,,you can talk yourself into anything"!!!!

Now then,,,,,,the "true" state of the economy is "just now" being felt!!! Like China,,,we are only seeing the "very beginning" of their rise,,,,We are just now feeling what has been going on for a long time in this country!!!!!

AKA Grrammie.............

8. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Grammie.....What you say is very true, but I wanted this thread to deal with vice,corruption,Hillary, greed and money. Now you done gone and got seriuos on me!

9. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Outsourcing???? Didn't Slick Willy push for this great great world market. I'm not sure that we, as a manufacturing nation, could produce anything other than Bull$hi% !!!! I certainly am concerned for my Grandchildren and their possibility of living the "American dream"!! Would it be to much to ask to have the oil companies with their HUGE profits, pay for the war????....just a thought..merlyn

10. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Folk's, in my opinon Grammie's correct. THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN, it's time to hit the fox hole. BEN

11. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

it ain't war, it's invasion.

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rebate for me = 38 flats of Top Guns.......

Gotta just love it....

Curt - Delaware

13. nipper

nipper TS Member

The war not including vets long term health care is costing a payback for each person in the us 35,000 dollars so far, and thats was a couple months ago. Use your refund to pay this back and you still owe around 34,900.

Bill

14. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Curt has the right idea. It is every taxpayer's patriotic duty to spend our tax rebate as soon as possible. After all, it's our money. I think that I will buy Gold Medal plastic 2 3/4 -1 1/8 - 7 1/2's.

Ed Ward

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Federal "Papers"....smoke 'em if ya got 'em!!!

Curt aka Mr. Patriot!!

16. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Both Coca Cola and Pepsico made twice the rate of profit as Exxon Mobile. The phamacueticals and up until lately the financials made 10 times as much as the oil co's. Greed is in the mind of the beholder.

17. grammie

grammie TS Member

Do you think the federal government just "gives away" money to americans "without" having a plan to get it all back,,,and "then some"?????

We are now to the point of just throwing money to keep things going!!!! Keeping the circle whole,,so to speak!!! Adding a "block" to the pyramid!!!

Things "cannot" remain "status quo" under these conditions!!!

Look for "another" interest rate cut soon!!!! The effect will be "further" weaking of the U.S. Dollar,,and another spike in inflation!!!!

The housing market is so weak that 1st reports of a recovery in that sector predicted a recovery by 2010!!!! Those estimates and the cut in interst rates only prolonges the inevitable and pushes back any recovery until somewhere around 2012,,maybe 2013!!!!!

And on top of that,,,,if the Dems win,,,,misery will be piled on top of misery!!!! A real "shit-sandwich",,,,big enough for "all" to enjoy!!!!!

AKA Grammie..........

18. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

We have outsourced all our major industries. We have become a country of buyers..fueled by service jobs. We don't produce a quality product, but purchase second rate production from China. They ignore our patents, copy at will, and use inferior materials and then sell them back to us. Our debt is ever expanding..we preach to use credit with caution and our Government run rampent borrowing at will. My greatgrand children will still be facing the debt we are creating today. Take my rebate and put it where it might do the most good..apply it to our national debt!

Big Jack

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It would behoove all survival minded Americans to acquire and learn to use firearms if not proficient already.

Growing your own food and preserving/canning etc wouldn't hurt either.

But since the horse has already left, maybe learning to say "yes, Massa" in several foreign languages might be a better idea.

HM

20. larryjk

larryjk Member

Calling All Experts, I wonder if any of you had American Government while in high school. If so, You Might Remember that the president is responsible for
    asking for action. Then congress passes legislation making it all happen. So who is responsible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.