1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We didn't do bad but ......

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

We didn

but Reid, Pelosi and Boxer are still there. Bulge.

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

In DC gridlock is a GOOD thing.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Pelosi will be there, but she'll be "Speaking" a whole lot less. That cur Reid even brought in Manny Pacquiao to stump for him while he's in training for Margarito. Bet Boxer had to change her underwear after last night. Looking forward to listening to Limbaugh today.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am pleased, we have control of the House. The people have spoken and are saying we do not approve of what the pres and his Admin have done. Of course the economy played a big part but I feel that when the Dems rammed the Healthcare Bill down our throats knowing that the people did not want it, they made a big mistake that hurt them yesterday

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They who control the house, control the MONEY.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rick, you have too many Komiefornians moving to your state to avoid their high taxes?

7. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

The people did speak. Lets hope that the politicians listen and that we didn't just get served up a bunch of lip service. I always felt government worked best when one party didn't control everything. I hope that both the parties can work together to get the country back on track. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

8. higun

higun Member

Rick,

I’m surprised that the bill in Portland didn’t pass. The Portland that I was born and brought up in is far different today. It is more like San Francisco east now.

On the State level I’m very pleased with the election results. We elected an ass kicking Governor and the State House and Senate are now in the hands of the Republicans. That is a first in my voting life.

Unfortunately our two Congressional Representatives were returned to office.

9. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

If the choice is Harry Reid or Upchuck Schumer running the senate, I'll take Harry any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Upchuck is as Anti-Gun as they come. Yes, I would have liked to have the Republican but that may have given us Upchuck.

I wonder how many days it will take Wisconsin to get concealed carry?

Shoot safe, John

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Chuck---Please answer with honesty---When BUSH was in did you ask both parties to work together? I really don't think so.Your party was dead in the water to ever try to help BUSH---Maybe with some little things but not to much---Now the LIBS want us to work together---Lets start with health care----Drop it and lets start all over---No govt control---If we can't get there then we go into grid-lock---Is that O.K. with you? Then we'll see how much they really want to reach x the aisle----MO---MYSTIC---

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This is better than you think.

There is no way Congress can put the genie back in the bottle in 2 years, no matter who is serving.

If there was a complete Republican controlled congress, in 2 years the Dems would be fingerpointing like Favre in the Super Bowl.

This way Obama will veto, Dems will block, and they will both be shown up for the jackals they are.

The 3 best immediate remedies for our country:

1: Stop spending, end pork, and outlaw earmarks.

2:Stop spending, end pork, and outlaw earmarks.

3:Stop spending, end pork, and outlaw earmarks.

HM

12. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

Unfortunately, the Republicans are as guilty of pork as the Democrats. We need people who don't owe anything to anyone, and aren't interested in enriching themselves, and they are probably as rare as hen's teeth. Remember, serving in Congress is the best possible job in the world - serve one term (two years) and you keep your salary (about$180K) for the rest of your life, and, oh yeah, your health care plan, also.

13. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

Unfortunately, the Republicans are as guilty of pork as the Democrats. We need people who don't owe anything to anyone, and aren't interested in enriching themselves, and they are probably as rare as hen's teeth. Remember, serving in Congress is the best possible job in the world - serve one term (two years) and you keep your salary (about$180K) for the rest of your life, and, oh yeah, your health care plan, also.

14. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

15. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Everyone needs to remember the biggest enemy we have now is the republicans in the house. One second after we let the pressure off them they may compromise on us. We need to REQUIRE they treat the new tea party members with absolute respect and make it clear that anyone who doesn't toe our line, we will remember in two years. For once I think the American people's memory may last that long.

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Hi wireguy, If you consider the Republicans in the House (the people you just helped elect) "the biggest enemies" then, you are more confused than I thought....Keep a little perspective: the Tea Party is not a major party(unless Sarah runs as a third party candidate and ensures Obama gets re-elected by splitting the vote).....Remember Ross Perot?

The Tea Party did well in most places. But, don't be DELUSIONAL: The Tea Party is a MAJOR FORCE influencing elections-but not a MAJOR PARTY.

I know this is going to open some wounds, but:
    In terms of pro-gun interests: Reid is a relative better FIREWALL than SCHUMER.
    Angle and O'Donnell lost their elections more than the Democrats won it....
    Paul and Rubio bode well for the Tea Party's future.....
    The better Tea Party candidates won.....

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Step One, complete. Now, on to Step Two; keeping the Dems from effecting this turnaround through their system of propaganda. They are very good at it. Don't underestimate their resolve for power.

Now. On to 2012. I hope these new folks don't screw it up. The media and the dems will do any and everything they can to make them look bad.

18. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Mystic, I agree that the healthcare bill should be repealed. The bill is filled with too much garbage. Honestly I can say that during the last two years of Bush's term the Dems worked with Bush, but not on the level they should have. During O'Bama's first Two years Republicans are doing the same. As I stated both sides need to work together. The first order of business should be no more earmarks in any bill presented. If your congressmen or senators can't agree on that, then they should be voted out next chance you get. Secondly, term limits. Half of their time is spent strategizing their re-election campaign. When I go to work I'm expected to work all day. Not spend half the week planning out the next one. Lastly should be a flat tax for business and individuals. Had a flat tax been established more people could have saved more money for the rough times were having now. A flat tax would enable small business to grow creating more jobs. There are many more things that need to be done, but thats a real good start. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.