1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We can't afford an "Obama Nation!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by The Kolar Kid, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

We can't afford an

Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 General Election:

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

McCAIN: 15% (no change)

OBAMA: 28% How does this affect you?

If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain on taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX

McCAIN: 15% (no change)

OBAMA: 39.6% How will this affect you?

If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned on taxes if Obama or Clinton become president.

The experts predict that higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.

INCOME TAX

McCAIN: (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500
    Single making 50K - tax $12,500
    Single making 75K - tax $18,750
    Married making 60K- tax $9,000
    Married making 75K - tax $18,750
    Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA: (Reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400
    Single makin g 50K - tax $14,000
    Single making 75K - tax $23,250
    Married making 60K - tax $16 ,800
    Married making 75K - tax $21,000
    Married making 125K - tax $38,750

How does this affect you? No explanation needed. This is pretty straight forward.

INHERITANCE TAX

McCAIN: 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA: Keep the inheritance tax

How does this affect you?

Many families have lost businesses, farms and ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will not only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA:

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.

New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)

New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)

New taxes on retirement accounts and last but not least....

New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of the medical care as other third-world countries!!

Don't let the United States become an "Obama-Nation!!!"

2. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

We can't afford an

I agree with you completely but do you see anyone beating Obama? Michael

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We can't afford an

His economic plan is simple. He is going to tax and spend our way into prosperity. That is one promise I fully expect him to keep.

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

We can't afford an

Don't forget to add the Invasion of Pakistan he announced yesterday.

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

We can't afford an

Meet Obama's new pastor, same as the old pastor
    NPR spoke last week with Otis Moss III, successor to Jeremiah Wright as pastor of Barack Obama's church. Michelle Norris asked Moss if he stood by some of Wright's notorious statements, including that the United States was "culpable in the spread of HIV". (Wright's own words: "The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color"). Moss wouldn't renounce that statement, instead he tried to justify it:

What Pastor Wright has put forth is a particular distrust that the African-American community has historically had in reference to the relationship with forward movement in our community
    Huh?

Moss cited the Tuskegee experiment as one reason (and not unjustifiably, in my view) for many blacks to be suspicious of the federal government. But that's no excuse for propagating the blood libel that the government invented AIDS to commit genocide. Moss should have categorically repudiated that claim. Shame on him for not doing so.

And if U.S. Senator Obama can't convince his own pastors that the U.S. government didn't invent AIDS and is now more trustworthy on medical matters than it was with Tuskegee, how could a President Obama be expected to convince 300,000,000 Americans that the government should be trusted to run the entire health care system?

6. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

We can't afford an

Check this guy out but please be forewarned, there is ALLOT of profanity.

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We can't afford an

One thing I will never understand about the left as long as I live. On the one hand they accuse the government of all kinds of evil and conspiracies, on the other hand they want the government to completely control every aspect of their lives.

8. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

We can't afford an

highflyer,

You need to put this statement out on the news because it's the absolute truth. The truth however is not to be spoken of by the democratic party nor the news media. Good statement. Michael

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

We can't afford an

I know I sure cannot afford it.

10. 6878mm

6878mm Member

We can't afford an

Have a look at any country that has blacks running it, Rhodesia being one

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We can't afford an

Just another phoney bastard politician.

Last week: " the surge is not working"

This week"The improved situation in Iraq"

...........*GAG*.

HM

12. nipper

nipper TS Member

We can't afford an

We also cant afford to default on: trillions,billions,millions,thousands,hundreds,and dollars and pennys--sorry a penny is worthless unless you melt them-- of debt and your point??

Bill

13. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

We can't afford an

So why is organized laber pushing him so hard....???
    Will the millions of intelligent, hard-working union members ignore their leadership, or will they obey the labor bosses and line up for Obama...???

14. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

We can't afford an

Most people are SHEEP. We're all DOOMED.

15. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

We can't afford an

This is for the Kolar Kid and I am not trying to start an arguement. I am voting for McCain. As the rules stand now and they have been in effect for several years: if you sell your primary residence, that is one you have lived in for three of the last five years there is no tax paid on a gain of $250,00.00 dollars if you are single and no tax on a gain of $500,000.00 if are married. Now then taxes on other gains such as stocks and the taxes in excess of the above mentioned amounts would be taxed at the rates you state in your post. Just wanted to clear up some things. A former sister in law was selling an'extra' house she had and thought she was going to have to pay a bunch of taxes on it. Well I mentioned the $250,00.00 situation and she actually called her tax preparer and of course I was correct, she made the deadline of occupancy by a couple of months and saved a lot of money. If she would have listened to her sister who is my exwife now she would have ended up paying. Of course I was never right most of the time according to her sister. Bill

16. drh08

drh08 TS Member

We can't afford an

Look, I am not going to argue with any part of this, however this nations deficit has exploded under the current administration. Do I believe the other side is going to make it better, nope but trying to stand on a republican moral high ground of holding down spending and a deficit isn't what republicans have shown us in the last 8 years either. I have no faith in any of them. They all spend huge amounts of money on the segment of the population that will get them elected and the consequences of their actions be damned as long as I get re-elected. So yet again we get to listen to everyone tell us about the gifts they are going to give us that aren't going to cost us anything, the other guy is going to pay, or magic money ( our deficit) is going to pay for it. Doesn't really matter the party it's the same old line.

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We can't afford an

cribbed from Charley Reese, posted on another thread:

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

"But you have to vote for arepublican or Democrat, another party can't win"

Yes, We are doomed.

by our own stupidity(present company excepted, of course)

HM

18. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

We can't afford an

Spending is way out of control. Both parties are spending us into oblivion (wherever that is). If you look at a graph of the national debt it is scary. When you look at all the money leaving this country it is scary. Money flowing out for oil, all the products made in China, and all the money being sent back by our illegals to prop up Mexico. I don't see how there is a dollar left here. I guess the government just keeps printing more and more. Maybe that is why the dollar keeps falling. Every time there is a financial or natural disaster now the politicians come in and start throwing money around like Santa Claus. Now Obama is promising "free" health care on top of the looming Social Security and Medicare crisis.

19. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

We can't afford an

Sounds like the ObamaNation is going to be Muslim.

"Obama: Man of the World

By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF
    Published: March 6, 2007

In foreign policy as well, Mr. Obama would bring to the White House an important experience that most other candidates lack: he has actually lived abroad. He spent four years as a child in Indonesia and attended schools in the Indonesian language, which he still speaks.

“I was a little Jakarta street kid,” he said in a wide-ranging interview in his office (excerpts are on my blog, www.nytimes.com/ontheground). He once got in trouble for making faces during Koran study classes in his elementary school, but a president is less likely to stereotype Muslims as fanatics — and more likely to be aware of their nationalism — if he once studied the Koran with them.

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.