1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We are KU

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RLAllen, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLAllen

RLAllen TS Member

Yippee

2. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

I wouldn't make Derrick Mein mad if I was you.

3. jlb

jlb Member

Rock Chalk KU

jlb 1966

4. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Great game for both teams
    Rock Chalk JayHawk

5. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Oh!

I thought this was the Linwood Shooting team taunting KU. A didn't know this was about buttskeeball.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I guess thats better than being KY??

7. Trauma901

Trauma901 Member

Being from Memphis and being a huge Tiger fan, I got one thing to say.
    "Can I get a free throw please???? Dayum!" Props to the chickenhawks, they won a hard fought ugly game...

Cya next year byatch... lol

Doug

8. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

even if it was lindenwood doesnt Derrick goes it k-state not ku?

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Yes, Derrick Mein goes to K-State.

Being a Kansas resident with no ties to KU, I have to say, I think the better team won.

Memphis had 2 big studs and a cast of others. Kansas top 7 players are all studs.

Memphis got out-quicked, out-endured, out-coached, and out-smarted by Kansas. They made stupid mistakes and Kansas had the athletes to take advantage of those mistakes. The Memphis kids also took it for granted that with a few minutes to go and the lead, they had it all sewn up, and I think that affected their decision making. Plus, they were tired, and that showed up when they missed all those free-throws late in the game. The Kansas kids never gave up and you could see it in their faces. When that shot went in with 2 seconds to go, I knew it was all over but the shouting and the Memphis kids had lost. The Kansas kids had all the momentum, and the energy. The Memphis kids spent all they had in regulation, and had nothing left in OT.

I think if you play that game 5 times, Kansas wins 3.

I think Kansas showed they were the best team in the nation when they buried NC. Yeah, NC came back and got close, but in the end, it was all Kansas. I mean, they beat them by, what, 15? And it shouldn't have been that close. Even Roy Williams said they had no weaknesses. And did you see him wearing a Jayhawk shirt?

And did anyone else think the TV announcers were annoyingly biased? Billy Packer was all but cheering for Memphis.

10. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

timb99, You weren't the only one that felt the announcers were biased.

I mean, that comment toward the end about it being a good no call on the technical when the Memphis player slammed the ball to the floor???

And what about at 34 seconds left, the clock not starting until Memphis was well past half court??

The right team won in the end, even better because it was NOT what the "experts" predicted.

And this from a K-State fan....

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

trapdady,

I thought that was a clock error late in the game too, but I think they got it right. The clock doesn't start until a player "in play" touches the ball. The clock does not start when the player who is standing out-of-bounds throws the ball.

Now, the ball has to be touched in-play within a specified time limit (I think 5 seconds from the time the player who is standing out-of-bounds gets the ball) or the ball goes to the other team. They were REALLY close to that limit.

12. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Roy showed a lot of class by wearing that KU pin. He also did it for Carolina in 93 when they won it. After watching Davidson(who should have beat KU) here locally all year I`d have to say the outcome of the NC/KU game was a one time in 25 game for either team. Carolina started no seniors and had lost their top defensive player and 2nd guard due to injury. Roy will be back a LOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.