1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We allowed our small horse freeze to death....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by biff, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Being a newly wed and all we forgot we had left our small horse outside in the terrible cold weather we have been experiencing lately here in Ky. I guess I was thinking about being at the Dixie shooting in that warm great place and got careless with my responsibilities. I just hope we aren't going to get into trouble for this horrible thing, with us being so happily married! I will try to get a picture of it when the vet leaves. Biff

2. biff

biff Active Member

The senior vet just left, he said the horse would survive and should be better by June! Wanted to be sure and include a picture of it as it seems as spry as ever!
    [​IMG]

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Biff---You got me---I didn't know how to respond to your thread,then I see that.You made me laugh---George

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Biff---You should have waited till tomorrow after all the post came in---That would have been the best---George

5. indycamster

indycamster Member

Biff, isn't that the "Horse you rode in on?" And is that the same "swing" you use to shoot doubles? It looks familiar...

6. biff

biff Active Member

George, I thought I was being too mean as it was with all the animal lovers on here, except for Richard! I was afraid someone would come hunting me! But I agree with you, even several days waiting would have been way cool! That's my best horse also! Camster, that's the one I rode in the parade at the Grand for Opening Ceremony!

7. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I am the President of the SPCMGRH (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Merry Go Round Horses). The Sheriff is on his way to take custody of this poor creature and issue you a summons. He will be held until the fair comes to town at which time they will assimilate the animal into their operation where he can happily run around in circles for the remainder of his life - at which time he will be humanely hacked up and converted into matchsticks. You should be deeply ashamed of this atrocity!

8. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Horse neglect, plain and simple! Even the untrained eye could see you're spending entirely too much time landscaping your yard.

9. shelly

shelly TS Member

You are nothing but a Michael Vick.

10. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I was at the Grand the first year they had it at Sparta. Anyway you guys all remember they had a ton of police that year. I asked one of the officers what he thought about working the event. He said it was great a lot better than working the state fair,he really like not having to deal with drunks or horses.
    He then proceeded to tell me about having troule with a lady at the fair that had horses. He said she kept parking her truck and horse trailer in a fire lane. The second time he caught her there, she proceeded to tell him, he just did't understand about horses. The officer said he knew he would get in trouble as soon as he said it, but he just couldn't resist telling her the only
    thing he knew about horses was they tasted bad. He said she acted like he had killed her first born and I belive she was one of the reasons, he was at Sparta and not the fair. John

11. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I don't know if any of you get the Lio comic. Here is last Sunday's comic. They have gone after Vick twice now, at least. I'll see if I can find the other one.

Danny

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Grow your horse bigger and thicker like mine, and there will be less chance of it freezing. What do you feed it?

13. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Biff, you are a Troll.

14. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Wow......Pony Shish Kabob

15. biff

biff Active Member

Hawk, our pony boy ran away from the circus and had been abused there. We do feed it well and give it lots of room to run around; all summer it gets all of the small children's toes and fingers it can eat!

It was Snap's fault it was left out, we have a rule here, last one to ride it has to put it up and I guess she was thinking about the kind Recurvy was talking about and it just slipped her mind! I was riding my sled precariously close to the steep bluff next to the lake looking for trolls which are known to live down there. Biff

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

White on white...good camoflauge for fooling predators.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Are you sure you're not punishing the poor lil horsey cuz your wife prefers riding him??

18. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

My Brass Monkey was really abused about two weeks ago with -20's for about a month.

19. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Biff, Tron called you a Troll that is a high compliment cherish it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.