1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WDFW in state of denial over wolves

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by timberfaller, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Washington is playing with fire over the safety of its citizens living with wolves in their back yards and brave enough to come on peoples porches!!!

2. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

This is a perfect example where an AR15 beats the crap out of a shotgun. There would have been no way to shoot the wolf with a shotgun without hurting the dog. Pay attention Shotgun Joe!!!

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Apply the "3 S rule". Shoot, Shovel, Shut up.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We need to ship these damn tree hugging liberal off to their own country they they can screw it up as much as they want, just leave us alone

5. timberfaller

I've been a Hunter Ed Instructor here for over 20+ years.

With what WDFW is doing, lying and engaged in a program of destroying our wildlife, I feel like I am going to have to quit!!!!

Solely on "ethical" reasons!!!!

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would apply all above to the owner of the dog! How fing ignorant! So, the same could be said if some dumb a$$ left their Chihuahua outside overnight where Coyotes are know to be roaming. The results would be the same. Then on top of it they want a hand out from the WDFW, and he knew Wolves where in the area. That sounds liberal to me! Could have just as easily been any other predator, but would expect it to be a Wolf. Just as a cat, would attack another cat.

If your living out in a wild area with wild animals, you have to expect the wild animals to act wild. He should have been on his porch waiting for the Wolf to attack, then he could have shot the damn thing before it chewed on his dog. If I was the dog, I would have grabbed the owner by the neck!

Ever see the video's of Deer kicking the chit out of a dog. Oh, but because this is a Wolf we have to make it political! Come on, you can't be serious? This is what happens when NOTHING is viewed without political mindset first.

OK, FLAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'd like to see a lawsuit to reintroduce wolves to Central Park in NYC and into the New Jersey countryside. Why do we have to put up with all the problems out west?

8. Brian in Oregon

Still Fartin', good idea. Perhaps ranchers need to put their livestock up in their living room too for the night.

9. Stl Flyn

Typical stupid Galt reply! Where you been? What does that have to do with the Macaques in China?

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

C'mon Fart Czar don't take it so personal LOL

11. timberfaller

Hey Sti,

Do you even know where the town of Twisp is??

Have you ever been through it??

I lived there for 34 years.

You are definitely clueless!!

You need to go back and read the article again, the wolf attack the dog on the porch and the dog in the house took out after the wolf.

Do you know what kind of dog a "blue heeler" is?? IF you were a cow/bull you would know!!!!

NO FLAMING just exposing your stupidity on the issue at hand!! liberals!!!

12. Stl Flyn

I don't have a problem with Macaques. It's usually just people. LOL

In this case it is a stupid pet owner blaming someone, or something else for their stupidity, then political motivation jumps in and supports the stupidity. All the while the same people that claim everyone else is stupid for not seeing it in their political way. Hmmm. I guess stupid is, as stupid does. I heard that somewhere, I can't remember where though. Nothing personal, I am just talking in general.

13. Stl Flyn

I think you better read it again. I think you missed something.

So the dog in the house was the tough dog, and the dog left outside got his a$$ handed to him at 1:00 in the morning. LOL. Makes sense! This wasn't your dog, was it?

You have to watch out for those falling trees! Although, those hard hats can only protect what is originally available. LOL

14. timberfaller

Since you didn't or can't answer any of my questions, I will assume your a "city boy" who is afraid of the dark.

The only thing I had to "watch" out for falling trees, were idiots who were coming through my strip with out telling me first!!

I'll wear a hard hat any day of the week over a "tin foil" one!! LOL

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Stl Flyn could you please explain to me what you mean by "political"???

"but because this is a Wolf we have to make it political!" Do you know where the Wolves came from in the first place??? If so why is it not political???

Bob Lawless

16. Stl Flyn

Seems to me I am not the one that is afraid.

We had 815-880 known wolves in Wisconsin, before they had a season on them this past fall. How many wolves are known to be in Washington State? How many of them are wolves that migrated from British Columbia?

17. timberfaller

So far most around here, after their pictures are taken(trail cams) have ear tags in them.

Unless Sasquatch has a pair of pliers and boxes of ear tags, I don't think they come by them naturally.

Yes some are coming across the Canadian border, but they don't have tags and they are staying in the NE corner, at least until all the whitetail deer are gone!

18. Stl Flyn

OK, now we are getting somewhere.

The only breeding female wolf that migrated from Yellowstone's reintroduction (The Lookout Pack)which had a tag is either dead, or missing. The lone female that was breeding from the reintroduction that migrated to Washington did have pups, but that pack (Lookout)was illegally poached, and has not recovered. Only the Teanaway Pack in the Cascades is known to be breeding of the eight packs know to be in Washington State. So I would bet that most of the wolves that are in the state are from the north. Which happened naturally.

There may be tags on the ears but that does not mean they are from the reintroduced animals. They could very well be the same animal, due to the large range of wolves. They are just tracking the wolf movement in general. I am sure they will have a management system in place when the population reaches an impacting level. They will be managed just like the Deer, and Elk are.

Quote from the above link: Although there is not much livestock there, "we expect interaction with pet dogs," said Zimmer.
    "Generally, the dogs are the initial losers, and wolves are the long-term losers."

As I said from the initial article. The owner knew there where wolves in the area, he admitted seeing them. May as well have chained the pet deer out in the yard. They probably would have run right past it to get to the dog, just because of the natural protection of their territory. If they kill each other over territory, why would they see a pet dog any different.

19. Brian in Oregon

One wolf is too many and it's one animal that would not bother me to go extinct in the lower 48.

20. timberfaller

What planet are you from Sti?? The Seattle PI one of the states biggest liberal rags!!!

"The owner knew there where wolves in the area, he admitted seeing them."

EVERYONE knows they are there, again do you know anything about the town of Twisp??

Where,how many live there, whats happening there??? Where Mr. Stevie lives??

The "tags", in the pictures that WDFW have enhanced prove they are from the Teanaway pack!!

Here is the most ridiculous statement in the article, BUT there are a lot though!

"Wolves actually fear people, according to Wolf Haven, which has a wolf sanctuary in Tenino that is open to the public."

Propaganda in full swing!! These around here DON'T fear anyone!!

Zimmer is your typical "city" biologist that has no clue what he is talking about but can fool anyone you lives in a city!! and has Papers like the PI report about him!! Rural people around here still "think" with their brains not with what they sit on!!

It funny that the west side wolf huggers wouldn't co sign a bill introduced to allow "Packs" in their back yards!! They only want them over here on the east side so when they come over to the RV vacations they can hear them howl!!!

The Seattle PI is in the same class as the Puffington Post! YOU believe what you read there, I have a rock from mars I'll sell you, Sti!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.