1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wayno - I'm curious

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by straightaway, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

wayno - I

wayno i'm curious. you don't show up on the ata website as a registered shooter or even a used to be.

this is a trapshooting website. you don't seem to add to any threads other than the political ones where you spew your liberal garbage.

i too live in nc and i don't want others in the trapshooting community to get the idea that you are anything of a representative of this fine state.

how about a list of the gunclubs you belong to and where you participate?

nra member?

have a nice day! dan

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wow!!!! You would have to eliminate a hell of allot of people from this site, and gun clubs, with those guidelines.

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Well .............. maybe it is time for that!

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

You can see the effect of the SCTP program, pulling moderate/liberal mommies and daddies into TS.com to research the sport they're bankrolling for their kiddos.

5. Stl Flyn

Sounds totally American way to me! LOL. If you are going to break the rules, at least put it in the political section, where there are no rules. Why don't you just tell him who you are, and meet him some where to hash out your personal vendetta, as long as you are that close.

6. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

I'm not advocating any guidelines st flyn. just trying to determine if wayno is a shooter.

have anice day! Dan

7. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

that's a matter of perspective st flyn.

it is a shooting related thread, i asked where he shoots and participates....

as far as meeting up with me, buckhorn to boone, bostic to ft bragg and those in between.

have anice day! Dan

8. wayno

wayno TS Member

of course, mein furher, i will be glad to provide you with the information you so desperately need: i am a life member of the ata. my membership number is 85 02519. i shot considerable registered shoots during the late eighties and early nineties, but a growing family and a growing law practice required my attention. i shot over twenty five thousand registered birds before i "retired". i was never a great shot; but, one year, between 1989 and 1991, i was lucky enough to be a member of the nc state team, having attained a top five overall average. i just returned to shooting this spring at my home gun club, rowan county wildlife club, in salisbury, where i am a registered member. i may, or may not, return to shooting registered targets.

if you continue to require further proof of my "bona fides", please contact tommy wilkinson, sherwood jenkins, pete pearce, george ponton, bennie from buckhorn, or dozens of other of my contemporaries.

yes, my truck proudly carries a bumper sticker that says "another armed liberal'

is that enough for you, "dan"? if not, get over it, you insufferable buffoon. if you judge a man solely on his politics, you risk losing the respect of all who engage in political discussions.

p.s.: try entering a. wayne harrison on the ata website, and see what turns up.

regards,
    anthony wayne harrison
    101 s. elm st, suite 125
    greensboro, nc, 27401

9. Stl Flyn

I don't think you have to read between the lines to figure out what the Thread was about.

10. straightaway

straightaway TS Member

why the name calling? that's a quick ticket to losing respect..........

in my blissful, ignorant world, considering todays politically charged atmosphere, it is difficult to understand a divisive voice from a gun owners perspective.

still, have a nice day! Dan

11. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Speaking of Rowan County. How many registered targets they throwing these days? Trap,skeet or Sporting clays? I KNOW the answer is 0. Fine facility ruined by a BOD that does not care. I will not support them with my money.

12. wayno

wayno TS Member

none, chris. i have been curious about that myself. but club policy is not my interest at this point in my life. i just enjoy the terrific facility.

wayne harrison

13. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Wayne ask some questions.......find another place to shoot. Next week or so is the annual meeting. Go and ask why. I did. I dropped my membership and sadly until some people simply die out that club is screwed as far as shotgun sports. JMH informed opinion. Also ask why its targets prices are far more than other area clubs and who pockets the money.(you pay him every week...just happens to a be a board member...amazing) Then you will understand why mail in ballots are banned and the club is open to everyone all week except the shotgun end. Have I got a beef with that bunch......HELL YEAH I DO.

14. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I used to occasionally shoot Sporting Clays at a club in Salisbury until they closed the place ten or so years ago (my memory is terrible even for someone 73). Young couple operated the course and I believe a divorce sparked the closing. Nice people and nice facility. Can't recall their names.

Sorry, this is outside the thread topic.

15. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

So you're a liberal,a gun owner/shooter, and a lawyer?

16. skeezix

skeezix Member

Wayno - are you also a ROFF contributor?

17. wayno

wayno TS Member

yes, skeezix, i am. are you? if you choose to refrain from responding to that question, i certainly understand. there are simply those things that carry to much shame to admit...

wayno

18. skeezix

skeezix Member

Yes, John Hightower - from Missoula. Haven't actually looked at the usenet version of ROFF for some time but have been following it on FB for a while.

Haven't done a lot of ff since I started shooting skeet a few years back - but I've been rebuilding the drift boat and may do some more ff this year.

19. wayno

wayno TS Member

yes, i remember you. hope you can get back on that incredible water. i went once, to the madison, and fished several surrounding streams. they were all terrific.

unfortunately, my serious stream fishing days are over. bad case of periphial neuropathy. so i returned to the shooting sports.

let me know how things go for your return to fishing.

wayno
    (or, as i always signed off on the old roff, "your friend in the old north state")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.