1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wayne Mays has passed

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bdenny, Jun 11, 2013.

1. bdenny

bdenny Member

Nov 19, 2010
    We are very sad to report that Wayne Mayes passed away this morning due to complications from burns received in an accident three months ago.

We respectfully ask that you allow Wayne’s wife, NSSA Director Linda Mayes, to grieve privately at this time, and that you not visit, call, or text her. Instead of contacting her directly, please send any cards or messages of condolences to her at NSSA headquarters:
    Linda Mayes
    5931 Roft Rd.
    San Antonio, TX 78253
    As per Wayne’s wishes, there will be no memorial service.

Wayne touched the lives of countless friends and fellow shooters, and we would like to share your remembrances of good times spent with him. As was often the case with Wayne, you may have had a funny experience, or you may have simply been awed and inspired by watching him shoot. If you have a story that you’d like to share in our tribute to Wayne. I was lucky enough to take lessons and visit with Wayne on several occasions and he had such great vision on shooting skeet, trap, what ever was flying he could hit it and teach you how. I'm sure he and fellow shotgunner Tom Knapp are shooting in heaven as we speak. Rest in Peace my friend!
  2. 27-T

27-T Member

Jan 16, 2012
    I had arranged several clinic's for Wayne. He made everyone at those clinics feel very comfortable. He stayed at my home, several times. What a great way that was to get to know the man. So very down to earth.

I can't say enough good about Wayne. A great shooter, perhaps the greatest shooter any of us will ever know. Most important, though, was his friendship. When passing thru our area, on the way to a shoot or clinic, he always called on the phone and invited my wife an I to meet him for something to eat or drink. To say "a real friend" does not begin to describe the man. Trust me, he was a Champion at everything he did.

3. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    So sorry to hear this! He was a great guy! He shot trap at one time and was quite profecient at it,but, of course , his main game was skeet. he was a natural shotgun shot and few in this world had his abilities! So sad to lose such a fine genetleman and sportsman! My prayers go out to his family!!!
Search tags for this page

nssa wayne mays

wayne mayes passed away

wayne mays and skeet shoting