1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wayne Mayes Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dustinthewind, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustinthewind

dustinthewind Active Member

Jul 21, 2011
    National Skeet Shooting Association

Latest update on Wayne Mayes,

"Every day is a struggle for Wayne. Some days are a little better than others. I can remember Wayne having a 'bad' day at skeet. Probably shooting a 98 or 99. I used to think that my best days at shooting were not as good as his worst days. I look forward to the day when he will again take the field and be 'amayesing'. Wayne will undergo another surgery this week. Folks, remember that although he has fought this for close to two months, it is still the beginning of a long journey. Typically for every day in the hospital it requires 7 days of physical therapy. Many have gone on with their lives, as they should, since this horrific accident, but that doesn't mean we can't all take a little time each day to reflect on our own luck and to thank and pray for the people that make this possible for us and for Wayne and his family."
  2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jun 23, 2007
    I pray for him every day.

I once was burned on my legs-not nearly so badly at he has been-but I recall how painful the recovery was, and when the skin "tightened up" as my legs healed and would not stretch when I tried to bend my knees. Took several years to heal.

I am certain he needs our prayers for healing and relief from pain and I will continue to do so.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    One of the toughest injuries to recover from. He was taken to the best burn unit in the world.

Hopefully he will prevail against all the problems that will be found along the road

It would be nice to hear about or see him shooting again

Regards from Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.