1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way to pick who has to go after this election

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flylta, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylta

flylta TS Member

As a business owner who employs 120 people, we have resigned ourselves
    to the fact that Barack Obama will be our next president, and that our
    taxes and fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, we figure that the Customer will have
    to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8-10%. We will also
    have to lay off 25 of our employees. This really bothered us as we
    believe we are family here and didn't know how to choose who will have
    to go. So, this is what we did:

We strolled thru the parking lot and found 21 Obama bumper stickers on
    our employee's cars. We have decided these folks will be the first to be
    laid off.

We can't think of another fair way to approach this problem. If you have
    a better idea, let me know.

We our sending this letter to all business owners that we know. We don't
    think there are any federal anti-discrimination laws that would apply
    here.

Sincerely

Received this from a friend of mine.
    Ron

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I'll bet you can't prove that the statement made in that story is true. There is a lot of crap coming off the internet. Dan

3. flylta

flylta TS Member

Who cares if it is true or not. If I owned a business and had to lay people off because of the election and this liberal that has a chance to ruin our country now why not start with laying off those that put him there?

You get what you asked for - change, from employeed to looking for a job or accepting the sharing of the wealth.

I sorry but if someone is too lazy to work or hunt, then they should starve.

Ron

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I believe the laws prohibit discrimination based on religion, gender, political views/affiliation, age, ethnicity, etc.;however, it doesn't protect "stupid" people. With this in mind, just lay-off/fire the "stupid"...they are not a protected class.

Anyway, they shouldn't be hurt in the least by being layed-off as O'Slam-us has promised them that they won't have to worry about gas, mortgages, etc......let's see how long until they realize it was all rhetorical BS to get the "stupid's" vote.

JMHO

Jim C

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Who cares if it is true. If I owned a buisness and was forced to make cuts because of Husien's "tax you to death" policies, you can bet your sweet bippy the "O" sticker owners would be the first to get the boot ESPECIALLY if my buisness used or had anything to do with COAL. Remeber Obama's promise to "bankrupt" the coal industry!

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

By Feb 09' we expect to layoff 5-10 people. We have not layed off an employee since we started our business in 89'. I don't know if any of our employees are Obama backers, back they will most certainly receive an explanation of the Fannie/Freddie fiasco with their pink slip.

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

If I was an owner/manager and had to reduce employment, I would carefully reduce based on the skills, knowledge and future potential of the individual. Before I retired, I had to reduce staff in my department and these were the considerations at the time. Political and other non-business issues were not part of the equation.

I remember several instances in the 1970's and 1980's when times were good and I wanted to discharge a manager and some staff (different individuals and circumstances in each case)and was blocked by Personnel. I was advised to retrain, counsel and give the individual another chance. Today, I don't think that managers have this problem.

Ed Ward

8. nipper

nipper TS Member

get rid of everyone and move your business to mexico----oh no wait though--all the skilled mexicans are already here---so maybe rethink my idea?? maybe just fire all and hire them for 5.00 and no benefits??

bill

9. Brittanyboy

Brittanyboy TS Member

What about the UAW? I had to endure their vote for Obama radio and TV spots, besides their contributions to the Democratic party. Why would I support them by buying a UAW built car? I have a ford pickup and a GM car, but when I need a new one I'm going to think hard befor I buy a UAW built car. Maybe they only want to build cars for Dems?

10. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

nipper, unlike your union labor relationship with your employer, my employees are my friends. I don't want to lay off anyone, regardless of their political views. I'll eat their time out of my own pocket for a few months hoping to pick up more work, but the company has to stay in the black when it's all said and done, or they won't have a job to come back to. Union idiots have a hard time understanding that. Your lucky your an old fart. You were able to milk the system for all it's worth. Not gonna happen anymore. The Unions will be a fall guy for Obama when he kills the economy. And they deserve it.

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Brittanyboy, don't hurt the dealers, mechanics, sales people, and other employees of the auto business. Most cars have a minimal amount of union labor anymore. The UAW would be non-existant in a few years, but Obama has to grease them now. It will only prolong the death for a few years anyway. We'll be lucky to have 1 domestic auto maker by the end of 09'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.