1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAY TO GO YOUTH AT MN STATE SHOOT!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cjt09, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjt09

cjt09 TS Member

I want to say "Thank-you" to all who attended and participated in our 100th MN State Shoot! I hope you had a good time and will come again next year.

Most of all I want to compliment the Youth who participated in our shoot this year. It's been a thrill for me to watch how you have excelled in this sport. It's awesome and exciting to see the scores you've shot this year. Nothing I enjoy more than to see these kids do as well as they have. Whoever your mentors are, they should be very proud of you! I am!!

I had the privledge to be in a shoot-off Sunday with a young lady who beat me by one target, after our second round, for the Lady B Hdcp Champion. Way to Go Krysta Miller!! Keep up the good work.

Another person I want to recognize is Calvin Nodsle. Way to Go Calvin on your winning the 2010 Handicap Championship!! Awesome job to come in with the top score single handedly of a 99 x 100. I apologize for not knowing the total number of shooters you shot against. Calvin started the week out at the 18 yard line and gained 3 yards (I believe) through the week and pulled off the big win of the week. Awesome job!

I think it's fantastic that this is the second year in a row one of our youth has won the Handicap Championship. 2009 it was Alex Steffens year. He broke 100 x 100. This is fantastic to see! Whose going to take it next year? I hope it's one of our great youth of MN!

Again, I want to thank all of you for coming to the 100th Minnesota State Shoot!

Sincerely,

Cindy Townsend
    MN Northern Zone Director

2. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Cindy, Great post. I would like to also thank all that attended our 100th state shoot. I hade a great time and would like to thank all of the personal of ASP for there great service to make it a wonderful shoot, Great job.

I would also like to thank everyone that voted for me, to make me your new V.P. of the MTA. I promise to not let you down. Thanks Again

Kooz

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Cindy, Don't forget to send me a copy of the proposal we talked about. Glenn

4. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Good Morning,

Don't think SCTP/Aim/4H etc.etc. is working? Well, I am here to say that some of the best scores this week in MN. were shot by youths. That's right! Youths!

Coach's work hard to teach kids to shoot, they give of themselves to teach others to enjoy a sport that they love. I've got to say I am so proud not only of the shooters, but of the effort put forth by the coach's. There is and enormous amount of work behind the scenes and without the assistant coachs, parents, gun clubs, gun club board of directors and the State Associations, none of this would be possible.

Congratulations to all Minnesota shooters for a fantastic 100 year anniversary.

I want to personnally thank Mr. Mike Wenner of Birchwood Casey for the donation to the members of Minnesota Trap Shooting. Mike and Birchwood Casey donated lubricants and gun wipes to all the shooters at our State shoot on Saturday. Mike is a stand up member of our shooting community. I have shot with him and his sons for years. They don't come any better than him. Congrats to Mikes Sons on a fantastic shoot! Next time your out after cleaning supplies, targets, wipes of stock refinishing supplies remember Mike and Birchwood Casey. One of Minnesota's finest for the shooting community!

Mark Stevens
    MN ATA 1st alternate delegate
    Level II NRA/ATA coach

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I agree completely. I came away from this year's state shoot without one trophy to my name but a big smile on my face--seeing so many youth shooters take big awards was better than winning them myself (including my own little boys--yes, you 'Baby Boy' and 'Coach'!)

Have I ever been as exhausted as I was this past Sunday night? Not in recent memory. But what a shoot--the free food, the fellowship, seeing friends from all over come together and make new memories--sorta puts all the crap people have been talking about MN to shame.

Trust me, we ARE Minnesota nice up here! Thanks to Cindy, Tom, Vicky, Katie, Julie, Steve, Lavern, and countless others for all their hard work keeping the club going, and to the entire board of directors for keeping things positive and upbeat.

Already looking forward to our 101st State Shoot next year. In the meantime I've got to get some coaching from those Sub-Juniors!

Calamity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.