1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way to go U.A.W. !

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Trab, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trab

Trab TS Member

Destroyed two more Corporations, General Motors and Chrysler.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Only a part of the equation.

Curt

3. bocephus

bocephus Member

Still part of it tho, a large part.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

World is full of narrow minded people.... any more examples???

5. Trab

Trab TS Member

I agree, the U.A.W. is very narrow minded. Unions cannot compete with NON-UNION companies. Toyota.

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Can you imagine what kind of cars GM will be turning out in a few year Obama, Pelosi, Waxman, Frank designing em and the UAW building them.

Wonder where Barney Frank will have em put the gear shift in the car he designs?

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

There is a couple of Toyota plants near here. I pheasant hunt with a couple of friends that work there. They make the same wages and benefits as the union shops. From what I am hearing from others that work there, they will be unionized in the next few years.

The difference in "wage costs" is the "legacy costs" ... so, I guess what you are suggesting is that they should cut off the pensions and benefits to 70 and 80 year old couples?

My friends at Toyota are very worried that Toyota will be cutting their wages and benefits to match the Detroit Three cuts. Bill Malcolm

8. Trab

Trab TS Member

How's the economy doing in California and Michigan? The majority of Toyota is not union and that is why they consistently out perform GM or Chrysler.
    Nissan!!!

9. Trab

Trab TS Member

Hey Bill, caught you! Would you agree only an Idiot keeps paying union dues and have their companies go bankrupt? Job security, right?

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yeah,right...

This is America in 10 years without Unions and the people with the balls to support the rights of the employee....

REYNOSA, Mexico — A woman giving birth inside a factory because managers refused to take her to a hospital. Workers washing their hands in methylene chloride, a known carcinogen, to remove grease. Women exposed to hazardous chemicals giving birth to children with birth defects. Chemical wastes from factories flowing down muddied streets near workers’ homes.

These are just some of the allegations the Philadelphia-based American Friends Service Committee has documented over the last 15 years at maquiladoras, foreign-owned factories set up to take advantage of cheap Mexican labor.

And these are circumstances the Quaker, organization has been working to improve, by educating workers about their rights and by interceding to help better their working and living conditions.

“When workers come the maquiladoras, they enter a world that is far removed from any place they’ve ever been before,” said Primitivo Rodríguez, director of the Quaker organization’s U.S.-Mexico border program. “They’re not aware of the abuses. They don’t know anything else.”

Although many big corporations, such as General Motors, are considered to have clean, safe working environments and have a reputation of treating workers fairly, many other companies consistently violate Mexican laws, said Rosemary R. Miranda, a McAllen, Texas, lawyer who works on AFSC’s Mexico project.

11. Joen

Joen Member

Have five GM make pickup's for my business here are few of the reasons that I'm buying a Toyota next week please explain how any of this reasons were the UAW fault
    1. Two 8.1 liter engine have used a quart of oil every 1000 mi sense new within GM spec.
    2. Exhuast mainfold bolt breaking off on the 6.0 liter engine 8mm bolt not big enough
    3. 2004 GMC's dashs quit working in them
    4. Exhuast systems out of the 2004's in 90,000 mile
    5. Plate bewteen tran and tranfer case leaks and cracks
    6. Tranfer cases get a hole rubbed in them at about 150,000 mile from a snap ring inside that wares on shaft then though the case
    I have a construction company we run truck till they are they wore out, I have always bought HD 2500 that at suppost to built to take the punchment we give then which is hauling tool and a 115 gal fuel tank. The cost of kepting the GM's running it just to high.
    Again please explain to me how this is the UAW fault that they are losing me as custumer my thought is that it is the engineering and mangement that designed the pick-up. I'm not change because of cost!

12. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I am not trying to bash the UAW or GM/Chrysler management.

That said, I wonder what new products GM and or Chrysler have on the drawing board that will appeal to the American public. The Chevy Volt at $40,000 each or a Fiat 500 IMO will not attract a landslide of customers.

KIA, with a 100,000 mile 10 year power train warranty and attractive vehicles at low prices, IMO will be a very tough competitor.

Finally, how does replacing seasoned employees with new employees paid at a lower rate improve vehicle quality?

I wish GM and Chrysler luck because IMO they will need plenty of it.

Ed Ward

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Pyscho, you got it. LOL!

14. Trab

Trab TS Member

No Wrong, "M"......
    We are not mexico. Ever heard of OSHA! There are enough laws and regs. out there now to protect employees. Remember the subway UNION worker that witnessed a young lady being repeatedly raped, AND DID NOTHING ABOUT IT, would not even make a phone call to report it because it was not in his UNION JOB DESCRIPTION.
    BUY NON-UNION.

15. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Yes, pensions should be cut off to anyone who worked in the UAW for GM or Chrysler. The company they worked for is bankrupt. Remember the United steel workers and the Airline pilots that lost all of their retirement which was a FAKE security because their companies went broke? Sorry, it's a fact of life, it happens. If my company goes broke next week, please send me a check because I made an employment decision that looked good at that time, so I didn't plan for alternative dollars when I retired. It's not my fault I bought an oversized house, a place at the lake , 2 jet skis, a boat, took a month of vacations a year, and let some lazy bums milk my company for 35 years. Ever been in a Break Room at a GM plant?

16. Trab

Trab TS Member

Pat didn't have enough "seniority" to answer the question........

17. Joen

Joen Member

EE you have to wake up I have 4 John Deere Backhoe's 5 Japan made John Deere Excavtors have not had a hyd. hose problem on one (or any other problem) of the Japan make excavators the highest hour excavator 7000 hrs, but on the American engineered Backhoe's, a quote from a John Deere rep our America company we engineered the Hyd hose to last 3500 Hrs or 5 years, I have had to spend $2500.00 to rehose all of my Backhoe by 4000 hrs
    I know that Japan makes equipment to last and the price is not low, America company only would to build a profit not a quitly product. EE it is not always about price it is about Quality to me. I would pay a lot more money for a new GM truck if I new it was going to be a good truck but I do not have any convedence in there products, The bottom line is that America company's as a whole are out engineered by the Japan companys time after time

18. Fox32

Fox32 Member

www.unionfacts.com nuff said....

19. Trab

Trab TS Member

Here is a Fact, GM shares, .75/share.

20. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Just what setterman said. I retired as a plant manager form an auto union plant. They just fired all the union workers because they went on strike for more $$ as usual. Hired new workers..now bear in mind this is a shop of highly qualified workers..lol. All cnc and heavy stamping. I had 275 people..wont call them workers that were employed. When i started the plant was running at about 30% utilization. I did alot of restucturing..lol and when I left we were at about 65% which still sucked. Now the plant is running with around 70 non union WORKERS doing the same as the 275 union people were. And this number was before the slow down. Now they are around 50 employess. HMM what wrong with that picture. Like everyone knows UAW stands for you aint working.
    Let the bashing begin.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.