1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAY TO GO PHIL ROSS :)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DrPeppersNo1Girl, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrPeppersNo1Girl

DrPeppersNo1Girl TS Member

"Congratulations to Phil Ross sitting in his wheelchair in stifling heat breaking a 98/100 and winning the Veterarn's championship at the California State Trapshoot. Phil wishes to congratulate Jim Moltz, Tom Strunk, Logan Mountain, and Sammy Cashen for their exhuberant passion for our great game and wonderful performances."

"In addition let's not forget Paul from Barstow for shooting a wonderful winning score."

"This information sent to me by an attendee at the shoot."

Dr. Pepper's Number One Girl :)

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

CONGRATS Phil!

Keep it up!

3. BMC

BMC Member

Congrats Phil! Most of us can't do that standing!!!

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Phil you are amazing. A 98 from the 27 in a wheelchair, and you have only been back shooting for a few months after a long, long layoff.

Great to talk over old times with you, I'll hope to see you again real soon.

Tom Strunk

5. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Hi all,
    I just got home about 30 minutes ago.........I am having Jan type this for me. Thanks for all the kind words, and thank you's...........It was great seeing alot of friends that I hadn't seen in sometime, and also meeting new one's. Take care! I am tired!!!

Best to you all, Phil Ross

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hi Phil:

All I can say: "Storybook"

Congratulations!

7. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Thanks Chango2! :)

8. BMC

BMC Member

Who's this Ross guy? Never heard of him. :)

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

BMC,, that be George Ross's, shootist son, Phil! :)

Great job Phil!!

Very few shooters can tell you what score they are going to break then carry out the feat! Phil did just that Sunday!!

Gene Hapney

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Phil and I traveled together to and from the shoot via caravan and camping out. I believe he did not "call" his score, but mentioned that he felt aware and strong enough to put up a good score...like, as he often times puts it,
    "a six, seven, eight, nine, or a dot"....

But Phil was a little bemused when the claim that he called an "8" was online and related to him; I saw that and told him when I was in Lone Pine at a hotel and borrowing the 'net in the lobby on the way back..Phil had long since made it to his home in Redlands, Calif. I called him with that news.

But Hap has noticed something absolutely correct; Phil knows when he is feeling well and aware enough to shoot well enough to have a competitive score. I have heard Phil say that he is on his game before a match depending mostly upon his physicality that day. The professional difference. I've seen him do that. I have also seen him challenge friends on, say, the back half of a hundred bird singles race and end up tied or losing on a couple of occasions. Phil's competitive spirit brings out the best in all with whom he shoots.

I also suspect that Phil has trophied at the California State Shoot in probably five or six decades starting with the 50's. I don't mean outright wins per se, (titles), but good enough performances to take home a trophy or two or other prizes and/or more. The late Gene Robertson likely has that record beaten and likely placed it out of sight. Some fan may know exactly.

Anyway, it was great to meet and talk with Hap at the shoot, a great and proud day for Phil, and a great and proud day for Ljutic.

11. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Phil has a book out now and if you buy it and read it carefully, you too can break a 98 from the 27 yard line -- standing up. Best wishes to Phil from all of the North Hollywood Club shooters! Fred

12. Phil Ross

Phil Ross TS Member

Hi all,
    Phil thanks all of you for the nice comments. You all know he doesn't do computer's so I have to type things for him. Phil and David continue to
    work on Book number 2. I haven't been on here for a while. Take care!

Hugs, Jan (Phil's girl) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.